*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937183-Looking-for-Inspiration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#937183 added July 1, 2018 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Looking for Inspiration
Jamál (Beauty), 8 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Sunday, July 1, 2018

"Intone, O My servant, the verses of God that have been received by thee, as intoned by them who have drawn nigh unto Him, that the sweetness of thy melody may kindle thine own soul, and attract the hearts of all men. Whoso reciteth, in the privacy of his chamber, the verses revealed by God, the scattering angels of the Almighty shall scatter abroad the fragrance of the words uttered by his mouth, and shall cause the heart of every righteous man to throb. Though he may, at first, remain unaware of its effect, yet the virtue of the grace vouchsafed unto him must needs sooner or later exercise its influence upon his soul."
Baha’u’llah1

Where do you find inspiration? This is the eternal question ask by all artist, no matter what their medium. The most common answer is everywhere, which really doesn't help when confronted with writer's block. One good place to find inspiration is in the sacred books of the various religions. If one follows a specific religion, the person can start with the sacred scriptures of that religion. If the person doesn't follow any specific religion, that individual can begin with any of the Holy Books. I found a list of those scriptures today, when I read "The Book of Celestial Inspiration"2 by David Langnass, which is the third article in the series " Read Something Sacred Everyday"3.


***


July4

July,
a new Gregorian month,
with thirty-one days
to pray,
to write,
and to read the sacred scriptures.

July,
with triple digit temperatures,
fireworks,
and picnics
to celebrate
Independence Day
in the United States.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 295.
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/book-of-celestial-inspiration
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/read-something-sacred-everyday
4  Posted in Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937183-Looking-for-Inspiration