*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937245-Motivation-for-the-Week-of-July-1-7-2018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#937245 added July 2, 2018 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
Motivation for the Week of July 1-7, 2018
Kamál (Perfection), 9 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Monday, July 2. 2018

"Like the animal, man possesses the faculties of the senses, is subject to heat, cold, hunger, thirst, etc.; unlike the animal, man has a rational soul, the human intelligence. This intelligence of man is the intermediary between his body and his spirit."
Abdu’l-Baha12

My motivation for this week is to use my brain and my intelligence for something other than procrastinating and wasting time. I have too many things to do for that, especially since I have gotten back into doing surveys. On June 30, I began reading the series of articles by Rodney Richards called "What Makes Us Human?"3. The first article is " Our True Reality is Our Thought"4. As a result, I was inspired to write two items: (1) ""cogito ergo sum" and (2) "The Last Day of June 2018.

On Sunday, July 1. I noticed I was procrastinating again by playing solitaire online instead of writing, reading, reviewing, or doing surveys. This morning, I caught myself wasting time and procrastinating again with the solitaire game. When I posted my weekly goals, which I created yesterday, I noticed I didn't put the surveys on that list. I've added it to "Weekly Goals for 2024, so when I reread that each day, I have the goals in front of me. I don't know if I will complete everything I have post to "Weekly Goals by Friday. I do know, that with God's help, I will complete it by Saturday.

The prompt for DAY 1658
Sources say that our brains are hard-wired to fear creativity, and vice versa, creativity thrives on what the brain fears most. What do you think? Can this be true for you?

Creativity
is a virtue of our souls;
divine attribute.

I don't think our brains are hard-wired to fear creativity, because creativity is innate and it's an attribute of our souls. I do think that, sometimes, fear engenders creative responses to our environment. This is because creativity has helped humanity survive for uncounted millennia. Creativity, curiosity, intelligence, and the urge to survive was what encouraged our ancestors to migrate out of Africa, and spread across the entire planet.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2052
“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear. What do you think?

The "questions we can't answer" cause us to use our brains and search for the answers. Asking questions is another virtue that is innate to the human mind and soul. Questions is one of the attributes of God, and when the All-Knowing Creator breathed into humanity the "breath of life" or rather the spirit or soul, one of the attributes that came with the human soul was curiosity and the ability to ask questions. This ability lets us use our minds and search for truth ourselves.

Footnotes
1  Paris Talks, p. 96.
2  Quoted in "Our True Reality is Our Thought" by Rodney Richards http://bahaiteachings.org/our-true-reality-our-thought.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/what-makes-us-human
4  http://bahaiteachings.org/our-true-reality-our-thought


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937245-Motivation-for-the-Week-of-July-1-7-2018