*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937456-Life-After-Death
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#937456 added July 5, 2018 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Life After Death
Istijlál (Majesty), 12 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Thursday, July 5, 2018

"And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty."
Baha’u’llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 2055
Benjamin Franklin wrote this witty epitaph acknowledging his belief in reincarnation.

The Body of B.Franklin,
Printer
Like the cover of an Old Book
Its contents turn out
and
Stripped of its lettering and gilding
Lies Here
Food for worms
But the book shall not be lost
For it will be as he believed
Appear once more
In a new and more elegant edition
Revised and corrected
By the author.

What are your thoughts on his epitaph? Reincarnation?

My soul will not be reincarnated in any form on the material plane. When my body and soul separate at physical death, my body will return to the ground where it will decompose into the minerals, molecules, and atoms from which it is composed. My soul will ascend into the spiritual world where it will review the actions and choices it made while partnered with the physical body. After this review, my soul will receive the rewards and punishments for its right or wrong actions and choices. After this, my soul--in whatever form it takes as a results of its rewards and punishments--will continue to progress through the spiritual world moving toward the Creator.

Please note, that this is my limited understanding of what will happen to my soul after it is separated from the physical body. I have come to this belief through reading and meditating on the scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah, and the writings of 'Abdu'-Baha.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 155.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937456-Life-After-Death