*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937594-It-MEANS-Something
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#937594 added April 14, 2024 at 5:34pm
Restrictions: None
It MEANS Something!
I disguised myself as a man and joined the army. Hopping on to the truck with the rest of the guys, I happened to notice a group of kids playing on the green grass. One child — a toddler — caught my attention. It was my youngest, G, running towards me. My heart caught in my throat as I realized the mistake I was making. I couldn't leave my baby for weeks on end! She needed me! I jumped from the truck and scooped my little girl into my arms...

It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that I realized the meaning behind my dream. See, I've been stressing about money lately and had started entertaining the idea of getting a part time job. Bus drivers in my area are allowed to take school aged kids with them while they drive so I could take 3 of the redheaded minions kids with me, if I took the job. My 2 eldest could babysit the youngest 2 for the 3.5 hours I'd be away.

But...I wasn't sure if working outside the home was right for me or the family.

I know there are many parents that either both prefer to or HAVE to work for an income. I've felt blessed that our situation isn't like that. Mathman works outside the home and "brings home the bacon" while I live my dream of being a stay-at-home homeschooling mom that cooks said bacon. I didn't really want to get an outside job but...that extra income was tempting!

I read Titus 2:5 where it says women are to be "...keepers of the home..." and it hit me that I was contemplating ditching my role and taking up my husband's mantle. I realized the dream was showing me that my kids still needed me at home.

So I'm taking this dream as a nudge from Yahweh and shelving the idea of a part time job for now. Perhaps, if needed, I'll reevaluate when baby G is 10+ years old...

Have you had a dream that "told" you something?
A dream that made you change your life plans?


© Copyright 2024 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937594-It-MEANS-Something