*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937778-Movies-Vs-Books
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#937778 added July 11, 2018 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Movies Vs. Books
"In the past few years books have been adapted into movies. Some have not lived up to their novel origins. What book adaption have you not been impressed by? If you could, would you re-film the movie? What book(s) do you think could make an impressive movie? What book(s) do you think couldn't be made into a movie, no matter what the circumstances?"

Red Dragon Movies and Books each a different view.




I can remember when no matter what book was made into a movie, the movie fell short of the story in the book in many ways. At that time, movie makers had a theory that movies should be an element of its own. They made changes that they thought would make the story more interesting within the realm of film. Movie goers around me were always complaining about how the changes bothered their expectations after having read the book.

I don’’t watch as many movies as I read books. When I watched Mars I really liked the movie. I actually watched the movie because I read the book and liked both so much. Because it was Mars I don’t think I bothered to compare the two stories.

People make a book fly in their mind. Sometimes the movie visuals just aren’t as satisfying. Script writers often miss some points when translating the book into film. There isn’t enough time to make the emotional connections in a movie that are often available when you read a book.

The movie I remember in particular was “Gone With the Wind” the movie just did not stack up to the book. I was kind of horrified when I heard it was coming out on film so, I did not even see it for many years and when I did I was not surprised to think it just was not near the motion picture, as it was a book.

I'm not sure there is any book that could not be used for a movie now. Because of the way technology is able to be used. Look at the way "Star Wars" has advanced. The dragon scene in "the Desolation of Smaug" (2013) was pure entertainment. I wasn't as impressed with the Hobbit but that was a difference in motion picture scenery and imagination. Just look at some of the documentaries out there. They are even beginning to write and shoot them as if they were on the scene news broadcasts of events in historical scenery.

Then I found this https://bookriot.com/2018/04/20/books-we-dont-want-made-into-movies/ One of the books on the link is "Ready Player One." This is a book on my reading list and it is also a movie in my Netflix queue. I have been wondering if I should read the book before I watch the movie. Now, I'm sure I should.

I would hate to see them make Killing Jesusby Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard into a movie. If they used graphic visuals of the Romans and the way they used human bodies it would definitely be R rated and too graphic for some people to see.

I recently read “The Rejected Writer’s Book Club” by Suzanne Kilman. It was so much fun. I couldn’t get a handle on it visually, I don’t know California well. The action was entertaining and light hearted. And, there was a lot of action plus, environmental scenery. I thought visual movie makers, if they cared enough to follow the action and build the characters properly, could make a hit out of this story.


Merit Badge in Celebration
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on completing your reading goals in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for May 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*! 

~Minja


© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937778-Movies-Vs-Books