*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937944-A-Jules-Verne-Article
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#937944 added July 14, 2018 at 5:19pm
Restrictions: None
A Jules Verne Article
Using a feature of any Jules Verne's tale, write a story or poem.

Owl with signature Jules Verne wrote many stories I have a book of 33 of his stories on my kindle. His stories were adventures the science was just the creme on the top to create interest.


Jules Verne takes a ride in a helicopter by apondia

"Duck your head as you run forward Mr. Verne." As he entered the helicopter the pilot instructed him “you have to buckle this belt it will hold you in your seat and put this on your head. Yes, just like mine. OK, now we are ready.”The machine began to slowly hover , raising high in the air , they flew out over the water.

“I read your interview that was in the year 1894-January for McClure magazine by R. H. Shepard.”

“Mr Shepard asked me many questions. He was interested in my whole life. Partly, he was looking for the reasoning behind my stories that had many types of scientific machines? I told him many things about my writing efforts.”

“I’m going to show you some modern machines. Machines that are as amazing as the ones you wrote about, stated the pilot as he made a large turn and began a descent. Floating in the water below was a large mass of huge ships. The helicopter landed on the deck of a ship that was shaped kind of like a large bullet. Jules Verne disembarked for an internal tour of the submarine. He was amazed by the size of the ship and the size of the crew. Then he reentered the helicopter strapped on his seat belt and they took off for Japan

In Japan the pilot of the helicopter disembarked with Mr. Verne. Together they toured the factory and talked with the people who were developing the prototype of a two seater drone.

“I never studied science. I was writing to earn a living and because I enjoyed it so much. As I told Mr. Shepard “I had quite the good fortune to enter at a time when there were dictionaries on every possible subject.””

The pilot and Jules Verne once more entered the helicopter. They visited automobile factories, tractor factories, large farms using many types of machines in every day life to create a living for their families.

They visited the annual hot air balloon festival in Meadville, Pennsylvania, USA where they rode a balloon high over the city watching the views.

At the end of the helicopter tour they had moved through time and space actually reading the plaque left on the moon by the astronaut. They visited museums and great libraries where every type of knowledge is kept.

The helicopter returned in time and space to the place they began. “You were given this tour to show you how the stories you wrote influenced ideas and spurred machinists and scientist to move forward in their endeavors to advance societies. I know you believed that the French did not appreciate your efforts to write. Now you see it was worth your efforts and how much the French and Americans do appreciate your life efforts.

I got this idea after reading “Jules Verne His Own Account of His Life and Work” by R.H. Shepard” the book is about 20 pages long and can be purchased on Amazon for 99 cents. It is what I used as a reference while writing the story.


{{center}*WDC* Write ON!

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937944-A-Jules-Verne-Article