*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937978-Violence-Uses-Different-Tools
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#937978 added July 15, 2018 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Violence Uses Different Tools
Share thoughts and opinions on the headline. Sunday News,

Owl with signature The mayor of Annapolis, Maryland, Gavin Buckley wants to stop the random murder of American citizens.


References:
https://culberson.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=398944
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Pennsylvania


Opinion!! So, do I. In case you don't remember or did not see the news about it; at one point , President Trump had a meeting with the NRA.(March1,2018--11:04 pm/ in the oval office) I heard on a news broadcast that President Trump told the NRA that the shootings had to stop. (Does he think the NRA controls these shootings in some way? This is kind of old news now but maybe still relevant?) Another Bill to read about if you are looking for relevant news about gun laws is the Manchin-Toomey Bill. Here was a democrat and a republican teaming up to try to resolve some gun issues. Really the issue is how do you stop a criminal from committing a crime before it happens?

One of the reasons the issue of guns and gun laws is running into opposition is that law makers believe these issues should be addressed at the state level. Pennsylvania has some laws that I agree with. One of the ones I was surprised to learn is that there is an open carry law. If you strap on a holster and walk down the street with a gun in it, your legal.

Another reason gun laws have a difficult time passing is the general population of the USA who legally maintain guns in their possession think, that sooner or later they will need their firearms to protect themselves, as the criminal populations of the nation seem to be getting bolder as time moves forward.

Also, there are a lot of crazy ideas out there about what freedom is really all about. The idea that individual freedom can run over the top of anyone who you don't agree with??? Real freedom has to take into consideration a lot of different people and ideas without trampling on anyone. On one hand we are upholding freedom of speech on the other fighting hurt feelings.

When I was taking journalism classes we learned that journalists are quite often targeted because they are likely to tell facts others don't want the general public to know. The information was referring to the embedded journalist covering war.

The Capital Gazette covered a story in 2011 about a criminal harassment charge that had been leveled against Ramos (The shooter), The suit was eventually settled in the newspaper's favor by a court. Also, the shooter had threatened The paper through social media. This is another case where someone should have taken the threats more seriously, especially, because it was journalism and the shootings in the USA are escalating.

It isn't just about guns. It's about changing irregular thoughts that can lead to violence. Where was the one to one communication with the perpetrator before he started shooting? Was he mentally unstable when he was first charged with criminal harassment? Could this have been stopped earlier before it escalated into a hate crime? See, I always have more questions that need answers. Maybe the congress gets bogged down with these questions too.


*Writing* See Ya! *Smile*





© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937978-Violence-Uses-Different-Tools