*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938265-DOT-and-COT
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938265 added July 19, 2018 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
D.O.T. and C.O.T.
Wildcat Round: Invent a sport:

Manx Cat from Japan D.O.T and C.O.T.


If I invent a sport it has to involve pets and people so here goes. Hmmmm. How to organize this idea is the problem.

I’m thinking some kind of fun for the elderly. I was reading in some book ??? Don’t remember which one, during this month that people who keep pets live longer. I’m guessing that means people who actually like to give love to an animal by proper care and feeding and whatever cuddling it takes.

The animal shelters have lots of needy dogs *Dog1* so they should run marathons about a month long. Only the elderly need to enter. (people over 60). I think it would be possible to compete even if you are in a wheel chair or on crutches. The animal shelters could lend them dogs and set up training schedules for the dogs. There would be a lesson a week for the human competitor and the dog. There should be people who are able to provide scheduled rides for the competitors from their homes to the shelter. Every one should be working under supervision.(just to keep the shelter workers happy).

During the competition they would work the dogs on sit, stand, heel and down.*Dog2* Plus, learn grooming. At the end of a month a short showing to a panel of judges who have kept tabs on the affair for the duration of the competition. The handlers could show off their tricks.

The judges would have to take into consideration the type of dog that is being worked. It’s breeding, approximate age, how much handling it has already had, if anyone knows how much handling it has already had.

The judges would have to take into consideration the person working the animal. Their previous experience with dog training, did they show up for each lesson over the month. How efficiently groomed the animal has been. And, any other types of animal participation they have been involved in. After all, an expert dog trainer participating against a rank amateur should not be given as much credence as an amateur who has met his goals and achieved good results.

We could call the sport. D. O. T. (Dogs and Oldsters Train). I’ll make up a little TV commercial to advertise all the participating shelters and dogs. Dogs trained by D.O.T. would become the rage.

Probably the competition part of this sport needs to be tweaked especially after we run it once. *Cat*

And, of course it needs to expand to a cat competition all its own. That would require a lot of thought about balls of yarn or catnip toys. Hello out there all you cat people how do you train a cat. I need some help here. Mostly my cats all trained me not the other way around. *PawPrints* One of them trained me to sit still ( I was allowed to read a book or crochet or knit)for an hour after lunch so he could take a nap on my shoulder. Of course we need to run the cat part under a different name. C.O.T. *Cat2* would work so the two parts of the competition would be separate but easily recognizable.

Now, you need to sit still and run some images in your head about how some parts of these competitions would look. After this email me I’m sure you can give me some input about the organization of D.O.T. or C.O.T. Contributions of funds are welcome.


Best wishes to all competitors-Let the games begin *Delight*

All competitors get a ribbon. *RibbonB* O. and D. and C.

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938265-DOT-and-COT