*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938411-Spelunking
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938411 added July 22, 2018 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
Spelunking
THE SUNDAY NEWS-Thai boys soccer team from the Than Luang cave complex.

Owl with signature


I guess the media ( we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS) was keeping us up to date on events but, I thought the coverage we were getting had a lot of repeat in the content. Our prompt sheet for the week told me more about how they actually led the boys to safety than I had watched anywhere on our channels. Our channels focused on the hospital ward where they were recovering, which was of course very important and than later we saw coverage of some of the boys after they returned to their homes. I was very glad to hear they were all safe, especially, after the diver died.

The coverage was as indepth as it needed to be as to the physical state they found the group in. And, of course, if you are sitting at home watching them warn of the rains that were going to wash out everyone you get anxious for them to get on with the rescue.

I put myself in the place of the relatives sitting outside waiting all those days. I wished they had done the coverage more on a cultural side so I understood how these people were living, whose boys were stranded. I also wondered why the whole team was taken down into the cave in the beginning?

Merit Badge in Celebration
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on completing your reading goals in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for May 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*! 

~Minja

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938411-Spelunking