*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938481-Musical-Memories-and-Memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#938481 added July 23, 2018 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
Musical Memories and Memory
Kamál (Perfection), 11 Kalimát (Words) 175 B.E. - Monday, July 23, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2073
Musical Memories. Tell us about a song that brings back pleasant memories and makes you smile when you hear it.

Musical Memories

Musical memories ascend
from the canyons of my soul
intoning lyrics.

Musical memories from my childhood always make me smile. Most of those memories concern spiritual songs that I heard or sang at either the First Southern Baptist Mission in the Smelter Heights or First Southern Baptist Church that was in uptown Blackwell, Oklahoma. After thinking about this for a bit, I realized that the song which always makes me smile and want to sing along with it is "How Great Thou Art."


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1679
"If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory. There seems something more speakingly incomprehensible in the powers, the failures, the inequalities of memory, than in any other of our intelligences. The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!” says Fanny in Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park. Do you agree with her and what are your thoughts on memory?

The soul is the most wonderful faculty that a human has, because the soul survives the death and decomposition of our physical bodies. I believe--this is my own conclusion--that memory works in conjunction with both the physical brain and the spiritual soul. I believe this because the near death experiences--at least, those I've read--show that at death we review the experience that occurred to us while the soul and body were together in the physical life. I, also, know that while a person is alive damage to the brain can have an effect on the memory. However, the soul--which is associated with the body--is not affected by damage to the brain.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938481-Musical-Memories-and-Memory