*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938536-Know-Thyself-and-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#938536 added July 24, 2018 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Know Thyself and Change
Fiḍál (Grace), 12 Kalimát (Words) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, July 24, 2018


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1680
Do you think “Know thyself" to be a highly overrated piece of wisdom? How can anyone know oneself perfectly? Along the same line of thought, how can anyone know someone else perfectly? Your thoughts…

Know Thyself

Is "Know Thyself" overrated? No! Knowledge of self is difficult and painful, because we have to be willing to accept that fact that we have weaknesses and admit our weaknesses. I don't think perfect knowledge of all our strengths and weaknesses is possible. Gaining knowledge of self is an ongoing process of encountering tests, passing or failing them--by learning our weaknesses and finding a way to overcome or deal with them--and moving on to either the next test (if we pass the first time) or encountering the same weakness again (if we failed the test).

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2074
When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves. Viktor E. Frankl
Have you found this to be true? In what way have you found it to be true or false?

Change

Sometimes I think it's easier to change yourself or your opinion than to change the situation. I've found that whenever I encounter a situation that I can't change, I learn something about myself which either changes me is some small way or changes my opinion. Right now, I'm in the process of changing my mind about the car situation. I've been without a car for one month, I haven't had to pay car insurance for the entire month, and I have more money. I'm going to use part or all of that extra money to get me a new pair of glasses. After that I will make a definite decision about the car, because I think I may be able to get around cheaper without a car.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938536-Know-Thyself-and-Change