*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938874-Poetry-and-other-ideas
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938874 added July 31, 2018 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Poetry and other ideas
There are some very interesting bloggers on this site, not least of which is our Official Host (540) . For Day 29 I'd like you to do 2 things.
1. Go to any of his various blogs and leave a detailed comment on any of posts.
2. Next, I'd like you to use any of his blog posts as inspiration for a blog entry in your own blog.


Fairy playing a flute


I read a Sunday March 11, post 5-sixer wrote. I have to say he can move across a lot of subjects quickly, and the comments make sense.

I took a short poetry course from New Horizons Academy on WDC. It only proved what I already suspect. I'm not a poet. Nevertheless, one of the suggestions I use regularly is read at least one poem a day. That has become one of the most entertaining ideas I am following in 2018. The course did not go into the subject of meters but, I subscribed to the Poetry news letter. Recently they ran an article about meter which shines some light on the subject. So, my education moves forward in this area.

I'm obsessed now with the idea that something I might write two pages worth of information about can be stated in a 12 stanza poem and reach the emotions of the reader in a dramatic way.

For instance I thought I did not like the works of Edgar Allen Poe, then I found this:




So, I've graduated to looking at poetry in a different way. I can now look at something that seems obscure at first and find a source of new thought and mystery or emotion.

Being human is an awesome way to live.

*Wave4* from a truly amateur poet - see ya!














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938874-Poetry-and-other-ideas