*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938923-Traveling-to-Listen-to-the-Music-1
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#938923 added August 1, 2018 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Traveling to Listen to the Music 1
August travel: Chasing the Music


Fairy playing a flute


I knew it was going to be a late night. With temperatures at 84 degrees and humidity at 74 degrees I decided to rest, read by the pool and stay quiet.

We went to see Lydia, Jared and the Mills. I think for me I could have had a question about this concert. Lydia plays indie rock and Jared and the Mills are known for their leaning toward country rock.

Indie rock is a music that was founded in the UK. While, alternative is founded in the USA. Lydia is ranked 5058 in the top 10,000 bands. They are known also for their poetic lyrics. Some of their songs I liked and some not so much. I never really paid much attention to the small bands touring the USA. Some of them are really musical and may never get the recognition they deserve.

In any event, I prefer Jared and the Mills. They recently released a new song "Soul In Mind" which caught my attention. They don't seem to have a particular ranking. When I looked up reviews of their music I found a lot of favorable reviews for both bands.

The song I finally settled on is Talewind.I like the lyrics and the sound reminds me of things lost and found. It isn't a typical look at today's music scene.




The things I like about Jared and the Mills are fashioned from my childhood and youth. Grandma always told me the singers aren't worth much if you can't understand the words to the music. She was a music teacher in her day. These boys have crisp, clean voices. Jared wrote Messenger for a girl he lost track of.

I like the sounds Jared and The Mills put out. The musicians in the band really know their instruments. They are well coordinated as they play and the lead singer can move the lyrics with the music. In both of the songs I cited above they have original sounds. The songs tell a story. They don't count just on the chorus to carry them along. I first heard a western rock band at the festival on the canal in San Antonio, Texas in the 60's. The music is soul, rock, worked over with a touch of country.

*Jamming* Late nights make me sleepy. This time, the music rocked and the group (lyn/Blue Moon/and Prosperous Snow) were all rocking right along. Later, we stopped to share a late Ice Creme. I'm surprised the place was still open but places like Orlando never sleep.


Well. I'm off the the next stop. Keep the music flowing I'll learn more new musical*Clef* notes.

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/938923-Traveling-to-Listen-to-the-Music-1