*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939286-hold-the-drama
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#939286 added August 6, 2018 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
hold the drama
“Your ambition should be to get as much life out of living as you possibly can, as much enjoyment, as much interest, as much experience, as much understanding. Not simply be what is generally called a 'success.'" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Is this good advice and do you think it is doable?

I do think that’s good advice. Living life as much as possible without compromising who I am—I try to do that. I don’t always succeed, but I try to live so that I can continually learn, grow, improve. I don’t know how to live differently than that. I experience through doing and through reading and through writing. That’s part of who I am. I know that there are some people who would think that because I don’t jump out of airplanes or want to perform in front of millions of people—because I don’t need fame or adrenaline (technically, when I get an adrenaline response, my first reaction is to check my blood sugar) that I’m somehow not experiencing life to its fullest. I think that’s wrong.

When I was in high school, there was a couple that I knew who seemed to live as though their lives should be on a soap opera. Full of breakups and get back togethers and shouting matches. I know that I didn’t want that kind of life or that kind of love. I don’t want to live a life that is driven by jealousy or drama. I prefer the quiet. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy myself. I find moments of enjoyment in whatever I’m doing. I find the world interesting. And I think that I grow in understanding as I experience my quiet life in a way that people who live too loudly can’t see.

Now, they make their own choices. I’m not telling someone that it’s wrong to seek thrills or fame or fortune. It’s just not necessary for success.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939286-hold-the-drama