*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939419-Have-You-Spotted-Elvis-Anywhere
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#939419 added August 9, 2018 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Have You Spotted Elvis Anywhere?
Fairy playing a flute


Elvis came into the life of people in this area at the end of a gospel era where people like Tennessee Ernie Ford reigned. a lot of the favorite singer came out of the church choir where they spent a childhood singing the songs of their faith.



Political and social issues came onto the public in music as well as print newspapers. One of my favorite songs Elvis sang was "In The Ghetto" because it painted a real picture and still does about where baby girls and boys end up if they don't have a proper childhood. They aren't called Ghettos any more but there are still street kids with guns.

I probably just like everything Elvis sang. I was very young (12? maybe 1957 - the 60's were on their way.) when he was going to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show. Our family was invited to go and watch the program by a friend of my Dad's on their new TV. The picture was about 10 inches big. This was an adult couple who wanted to know why the girls at Elvis Concerts were screaming during the show?
Now, I wonder if they ever really found out the answer to their question.

I liked the gospel Elvis Sang.

As we all gathered in that mobile vehicle and gave out rowdy performances. I laughed and sang all night. I have watched many Elvis Impersonators on PBS. Some of them are actually quite good. But, the performance Lyn, Carly, Blue Moon, Sandra Lyn, myself and all the others gave was priceless. Keep Rock-in n Rollin. *Cool*

I'm going to have a cup of tea. Wonder what the new album coming out tomorrow sounds like?






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939419-Have-You-Spotted-Elvis-Anywhere