*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939757-amazing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#939757 added August 14, 2018 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
amazing
Tell us about the most amazing place in nature that you’ve been to. What made it so amazing for you?

This is a difficult question. I’ve seen some spectacular things. I’ve been to Niagara Falls and climbed down a stair wet from the spray where the water thundered loud enough that conversation had to be held shouting. Looking up, I saw rainbows as though I were walking through them in my yellow poncho. I’ve watched a twig rush past at the top as though it were eager to vanish over the edge. That was amazing.

I’ve stood on the rim of the Grand Canyon. It was a clear day and I could see the far rim, so far away that it seemed impossible that water could have done it. That was amazing.

I saw the desert burning, saguaro reaching up long limbs in supplication to the sky with no possibility of salvation. The fires seemed wrong there—when I think of natural fires, I think in a forest where there is wood to burn, not the desert where everything is so compact, so vital. I saw the same desert again the next spring, when it bloomed. That was amazing.

Deep in Ohio, there’s a pool that we saw where the water is so deep that it has no oxygen. Its taste was strange to me because we’re used to water that has known the touch of air. That was amazing.

I’ve seen a spider build a web across our carport every morning for the past week. That was amazing.

When I see nature, I am continually amazed.

© Copyright 2018 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939757-amazing