*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940069-Motivational-Monday-Gratitude-List-and-Other-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#940069 added August 20, 2018 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Gratitude List and Other Thoughts
Kamál (Perfection), 1 Asmá’ (Names) 175 B.E. - Monday, August 20, 2018
Feast of Asmá’

"Say, the power of God is in the hearts of those who believe in the unity of God and bear witness that no God is there but Him, while the hearts of them that associate partners with God are impotent, devoid of life on this earth, for assuredly they are dead."
The Bab1

This is one of my favorite quotes from the scriptures revealed by The Bab. The first part of this quote has been running through my mind a lot lately. Perhaps it because the Baha'is of the world will be celebrating the Twin Holy Days2 on November 9 and 10 of this year. Or it could be that the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Bab will be celebrated in 2019, and I am planning on writing two hundred poem dedicated to the Bab in that year. I will meditate more on this subject and see what type of poem I can compose.

Gratitude List for 1 Asmá’

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I received second place in Round 32 of Bi-Weekly Oriental Poetry Contest for "Nightingale Wake Up Call.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to attend Devotional Services at the Baha'i Centre on August 19.
         *BulletV* ...that I found the book Baha'u'lla: Promised One of All the Scriptures, when it fell out of the book bag I put it in before moving out of the house on Bracken Ave.
         *BulletV* ...for home brewed sweet iced tea.
         *BulletV* ...for the Pig Skin chips someone brought to go with the refreshments at the Devotional Services.
         *BulletV* ...for the writing.com book mark I am using to mark my place in Baha'u'lla: Promised One of All the Scriptures.
         *BulletV* ...for the prayers I memorized, so I can recite them as I fall asleep.
         *BulletV* ...for Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to get online and access my homepage this morning.

I just read an intriguing article about a new musical called Henry Box Brown, who in 1849 had himself sealed in a crate and shipped to Philadelphia. The article, "Musical about escaping slavery raises consciousness, inspires conversation and action"3 reviews this musical, which premiered at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. The musical will tour twenty-five U.S. cities beginning in Flint, Michigan.

Footnotes
1  Selections from the Writings of the Báb, “Say, verily any one follower of this Faith can, by …”
2  The Birth of the Bab and the Birth of Baha'u'llah.
3  http://news.bahai.org/story/1280/


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940069-Motivational-Monday-Gratitude-List-and-Other-Thoughts