*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940849-Poem-Gratitude-List-and-Other-Stuff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#940849 added September 6, 2018 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Poem, Gratitude List, and Other Stuff
‘Idál (Justice), 17 Asmá’ (Names) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, September 5, 2018

“I beseech Thee, by Thy name that hath unlocked the gates of Heaven and filled with ecstasy the Concourse on high, to enable me to serve Thee, in this Day, and to strengthen me to observe that which Thou didst prescribe in Thy Book. Thou knowest, O my Lord, what is in me; but I know not what is in Thee. Thou art the All-Knowing, the All-Informed.”
Baha'u'llah 1

Meditation on the Word of God2

I meditate
upon the revealed Word of God,
and realize that the All Glorious Beloved
know both my strengths and my weaknesses,
and sends tests to strengthen me.

Gratitude list fir 16 Asmá’

         *BulletV* ...that I was able to get online without any problems today.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 895 points in my Survey Spot account.
         *BulletV* ...that I found a penny laying face up on the ground when I went out for the mail today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 3,081,054 GPs in my Gift Points account.

Submitted to "Spiritual Newsletter (September 5, 2018): I believe, that the goal of the human soul--while our physical bodies and souls are joined on this physical plane--is to develop spiritual attributes. At the death of the physical body, the soul ascends into the spiritual plane. The only thing the soul takes with it into the next world are the spiritual attributes it developed while joined with the physical body. I also believe, that at death our souls will review the its actions and decision, while living with the body on the physical plane.

Submitted to "Short Stories Newsletter (September 5, 2018): When my mother died, in 2012, I went to the grief counseling sessions offered by the hospice the provided Mom with end of life care. I also prayed and wrote poetry about my experience caring for Mom. I think the most comfort I got was writing about the experience of taking care of someone with Alzheimer's disease, and saying the prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah for her soul.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah
2  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940849-Poem-Gratitude-List-and-Other-Stuff