*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941105-Sunday-Contemplations-History-and-Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#941105 added September 9, 2018 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Contemplations: History and Gratitude List
Jamál (Beauty), 2 ‘Izzat (Might) 175 B.E. - Sunday, September 9, 2018

"Thus they chose the prison city of Akka, which was reserved for rebels, murderers, thieves and highway robbers, and in this wise they made [Baha’u’llah] associate with such people. But the power of God was made manifest, for this prison became the means of the promotion of His Faith and the glorification of His Word. The greatness of Baha’u’llah became apparent in that He succeeded, from within a prison and under such humiliating circumstances, in … overcoming His enemies, and in proving to all the resistless power of His Cause. His sacred teachings spread to all regions and His Cause was firmly established."
Abdu’l-Baha12

In 1853, Baha'u'llah was exiled from Persia. This began a series of banishment journeys, initiated by the "Persian and Ottoman governments"3 that would eventually take Baha'u'llah and his family to Akka in "Ottoman Palestine"4. The final leg of the exile begin on August 12, 1868, and ended on August 31, of the same year, when Baha'u'llah waded ashore and went through the sea gate into the prison city of Akka5.

Gratitude List for 2 ‘Izzat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to get online without any difficulties today.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is no overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...for the articles on BahaiTeachings.org...Baha'i Inspired Perspectives   that help me understand some of the history and teachings of the Baha'i Faith.
         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish Parts 1 and 2 of The 150th Anniversary of Baha’u’llah’s Arrival in the Holy Land  .
         *BulletV* ...that I have 3,176,555 GPs in my Gift Points account.



Footnotes
1  Some Answered Questions, newly revised edition, pp. 36-37.
2  Quoted in "Out of Exile, a Light to the World" http://bahaiteachings.org/exile-light-world.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/exile-light-world
4  ibid.
5  Also known as Acre.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941105-Sunday-Contemplations-History-and-Gratitude-List