*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941288-The-Truth-of-Thought
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#941288 added September 12, 2018 at 2:04am
Restrictions: None
The Truth of Thought!
The Truth of Thought!

WHAT IS A THOUGHT...?
Are the thoughts that I think mine,
Really MINE...?

Well! thought is a thing that I use to do logical work & to relate memories & information in relative to the situation & people...
But what amazes me that, thought has the capacity that sometimes it works on its own even if I don't want to...

The thoughts that take place inside my mind that I sometimes use to label, give a name when I see, hear, feel things like a person, a tree, a flower & so on...
But the trouble with thoughts is that sometimes even when I don't need to think, the thoughts run on their own...

so, IS IT ME THINKING?

As Science says, there is something vibrational about thoughts & our minds are naturally built to gather those vibrations from the surroundings whether we choose to or not...

so the mind is gathering thoughts like a machine without me noticing it...It's happening continuously...
the thoughts are gathered as I speak to someone or listen to someone or from the books I read, the movies I watch, the songs that I listen to, the media, the constant naming & labelling things that I see, hear, feel and from the crowded places that I walk through...they enter my mind consciously when I choose to remember as a memory which I call knowledge for my future use...
But actually as scientists say, that our minds pick up a lot many subliminal messages subconsciously without our knowledge...That's an amazingly revealing fact...
For example, when we are surrounded by peaceful people in a peaceful environment - our mind relatively becomes peaceful by the vibrations of peaceful thought energy...
And Vice Versa...
Which is when we are surrounded by violent, aggressive people in a violent environment - our mind relatively becomes violent & aggressive by the vibrations of violent thought energy...
Though some of us may think of peace, preach & constantly chant peace... the mind is just suppressing the violent thought energy which comes out with vengeance in some other situation sooner or later...

So, the thoughts are gathered consciously by our preference of thinking and remembering as memory or knowledge...
And there is also a gathering of thoughts & emotions into our minds unconsciously...

Therefore, I'm very vulnerable to events & media which are constantly feeding my mind with thoughts & emotions like violence, hatred, blaming, selfishness, self deception, greed, complication, chaos, confusion, anger, aggressiveness, compulsions, loneliness, addictions, ambitions, fame, power, gossip, beliefs, separation (in the name of religion, language, caste, region & more), romantic wants(wrongly called Love) incessant worry of the future events, fear, anxiety, antagonism and more...
Because I'm in the society, the society is constantly working in me whether I choose to or not...
And the THOUGHTs ARE SO CUNNING that it makes me believe that they are MINE, ONLY MINE & WHATEVER I THINK IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...
And any opposition to my thoughts will be met with a reaction of anger or antagonism which divides me & the other person whose thoughts contradict mine...

So the thought divides...

And this reaction of mine takes a vibrational effect on the society that I live in...

Understanding this cunning, deceptive & separating nature of thought, I just stop identifying myself with the thought or thoughts that I believed as "ME" & "MINE"...
I just step back from this illusion & I live by this understanding from moment to moment...
So there is a need of me being aware of the thoughts & resulting emotions that are constantly seeping into my mind which may induce my actions & reactions...
And thus I change my idea about Thought...
I stop believing in thoughts which I thought as Me...
And because I am a part of this society,
When I change...
That's changing the society too...

As J Krishnamurti says "You are not just part of the society, You are the society. If you want to change the society, you have to start with yourself. Once you are transformed, the whole society is transformed"

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941288-The-Truth-of-Thought