*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941293-Dont-Be-The-Cause-of-Someone-Elses-Sorrow---Sept-12
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#941293 added September 19, 2018 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Be The Cause of Someone Else's Sorrow - Sept 12


         Recently, I watched the face of a loved one sadden and fall as their mate (companion, marital partner) spoke condescendingly---in harsh judgment---about them to me.

         In another instance, I saw the result of mean responses to honest, forthright, sincere posts on social media---to me and to someone else. In both instances, the original post was deleted... to end the unwelcome invasion. By deleting the original entry, ALL comments were shut-down... just to erase the unkindness of one ruthless intruder.

         Unkindness shuts down conversation and opportunities for growth; and puffing up one’s self at the expense of another is treacherous.

         "Jesus says..., 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.'" (See Matthew 22:36-40; see also Matthew 7:1-3.)


© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941293-Dont-Be-The-Cause-of-Someone-Elses-Sorrow---Sept-12