*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941392-A-SHIFT-INTO-SILENCE
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#941392 added September 14, 2018 at 2:02am
Restrictions: None
A SHIFT INTO SILENCE
A SHIFT INTO SILENCE


This neutrality is not indifference. Of course, seeing me from the outside, someone could think I was numbed out, that I wasn’t feeling anything. But on the inside, everything I was experiencing was very intense. I was not in the least bit dead. There were moments of sadness, moments of burnout, but they flowed on through me. Silence, this unknown space, was constantly there. And the more time passed, the more I abandoned myself to this thing that had awakened within me, that had taken over everything. I fell madly in love with it. Everything else subsided into the background.

It’s not easy to put this into words. This invisible thing is ineffable. It manifests through this remarkable silence as an intensity, a strength, a gentleness. But all this, all this manifestation is already in the background. This thing is before the manifestation. It is before everything I thought I was, before everything I thought reality was, both inside and outside me. Can you say more? Once upon a time, the reality I was living in consisted of a waking state, a dreaming state and a sleeping state, and an individual who experienced these three states. Suddenly, this thing stepped in front of all that. It is what illuminates these three worlds – waking, dreaming and sleeping. It has taken over these three states and their contents. It has taken over everything. Everything has retreated into the background.

~ Yolande Duran-Serrano

In 2003, and as a result of a spontaneous awakening, Yolande quits her career and her lifestyle to devote herself to the observation of the silence/presence she speaks of. She currently shares her experience and her point of view in gatherings and retreats all over the world:

"The whole problem arises from the belief that we are this person. Silence is our true source and is natural in every one of us"

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941392-A-SHIFT-INTO-SILENCE