*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941402-The-Meaning-of-Suffering-and-Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#941402 added September 14, 2018 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Meaning of Suffering and Gratitude List
Istiqlál (Independence), 7 ‘Izzat (Might) 175 B.E. - Friday, September 14, 2018

The Meaning of Suffering

"As to your question concerning the meaning of physical suffering and its relation to mental and spiritual healing . . . As long as there will be life on earth, there will be also suffering, in various forms and degrees. But suffering, although an inescapable reality, can nevertheless be utilized as a means for the attainment of happiness. This is the interpretation given to it by all the prophets and saints who, in the midst of severe tests and trials, felt happy and joyous and experienced what is best and holiest in life. Suffering is both a reminder and a guide. It stimulates us better to adapt ourselves to our environmental conditions, and thus leads the way to self- improvement. In every suffering one can find a meaning and a wisdom. But it is not always easy to find the secret of that wisdom. It is sometimes only when all our suffering has passed that we become aware of its usefulness."
Bahá’í Writings

On Sunday, September 16, I will attended the monthly devotional services at the Baha'i Centre in Las Vegas, Nevada. Each service has a different theme or subject, the them of this coming service is "The Meaning of Sufferings". The readings will include scriptures from all the Holy Books and not just the Baha'i sacred scriptures. The reason for this is that Baha'is accept the validity of all Holy Scriptures. Each Divine Prophet or Manifestation was sent by All-Knowing and Unknowable Creator, and came to reveal God's will and love to humanity. The Divine Manifestation for this age is Baha'u'llah, who fulfills the prophecies of all the former religions.

Gratitude List for 7 ‘Izzat

Today I am thankful for ...
         *BulletV* ...that I have three more responses for my next addition of the spiritual newsletter.
         *BulletV* ...that I will be editing the November 21, 2018 Comedy newsletter.
         *BulletV* ...that I completed "The Wronged One of the World for the WDC 18th Birthday Poetry Challenge.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 3,281,460 GPs in my Gift Points account.
         *BulletV* ...Rocky didn't get hit by a car on her evening walk.




© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941402-The-Meaning-of-Suffering-and-Gratitude-List