*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941514-Suffereing-of-Christ-and-Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#941514 added September 16, 2018 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
Suffereing of Christ and Gratitude List
Jamál (Beauty), 9 ‘Izzat (Might) 175 B.E. - Sunday, September 16, 2018

"This is the meaning of the words of Christ, "I gave My blood for the life of the world"-- that is to say, I have chosen all these troubles, these sufferings, calamities, and even the greatest martyrdom, to attain this object, the remission of sins… in order that souls may arise who will be the very essence of the guidance of mankind, and the manifestations of the perfections of the Supreme Kingdom."
Bahá’í Writings

I think this is a quote from 'Abdu'l-Baha, from either Paris Talks or Some Answered Questions. I'll have to check online for Paris Talks because I can't find my copy, and it isn't included in the Baha'i Prayers app I have on my smartphone. Some Answered Questions is included in the Prayer app, as well as some of the Tablets revealed by Baha'u'llah.

I wrote the above paragraph before I went to the monthly Devotional Services at the Baha'i Centre. When I returned I checked the Baha'i Reference Library. I was wrong about the books, the quote is by 'Abdu'l-Baha; however, it is located in The Promulgation of Universal Peace. This is from a talk given by 'Abdu'l-Baha at Mrs Kinney's Bible Class in New York in 1912.

Gratitude List for 9 ‘Izzat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...for doughnuts to go with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I received a merit badge today.
Merit Badge in Music
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your participation in the  48-HOUR CHALLENGE: "Birthday" Media Prompt  hosted by  [Link To User support]  September 2018! We appreciate that you tackled this challenge... *^*Smile*^* *^*Thumbsupl*^*

         *BulletV* ...that I was able to finish "Autumn Serenade in "Snow Scribbles and "Sunday Thoughts in "Melting Snow this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I received an Awardicon for "Skeezix.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.

Part of the Devotional Service today was a video by Shadi Toloui-Wallace and Shidan Toloui-Wallace called "When Sorrow Comes". I listed to it on YouTube, and next I listed to "Moth To A Flame" by Shadi Toloui-Wallace. Both songs are relaxing and inspiring. I don't listen to enough Baha'i videos, I'll change this and listen to more spiritual videos.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941514-Suffereing-of-Christ-and-Gratitude-List