*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941626-Tuesday-Thoughts-and-Gratitude-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#941626 added September 18, 2018 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday Thoughts and Gratitude List
Fiḍál (Grace), 11 ‘Izzat (Might) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, September 18, 2018

"A drop of the billowing ocean of His endless mercy hath adorned all creation with the ornament of existence, and a breath wafted from His peerless Paradise hath invested all beings with the robe of His sanctity and glory. A sprinkling from the unfathomed deep of His sovereign and all-pervasive Will hath, out of utter nothingness, called into being a creation which is infinite in its range and deathless in its duration. The wonders of His bounty can never cease, and the stream of His merciful grace can never be arrested. The process of His creation hath had no beginning, and can have no end."
Baha'u'llah12

 God Smiles  (E)
Metaphor on the Creation of the Universe
#2158902 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

I discovered the quote that inspired the above poem. I remember reading the quote, as one of the Feast Readings, and looking it up when I got home. It took me a while to write the poem, because sometime I have to let the scripture percolate in my subconscious before I can put the inspiration into words. I run across this quote again today while reading "God, Infinity and Black Holes", which is Part 10 in the series How Do We Know God Exists?   by David Langness. This series, which has 17 articles, was published on BahaiTeachings.org3 in 2014. The articles in this series cover four themes (1) Spirituality, (2) History, (3) Religion, and (4) Science.

I discovered this series when I was perusing the science article Living the Change: What You and Your Faith Can Do for the Earth   by Christine Muller. The title "God, Infinity and Black Holes" was at the bottom under the "You May Also Like" heading. I clicked on the article by David Langness because the title aroused my curiosity. Since I want to finish this series this, I'll have to put some of the other articles I wan to read on the back burner until October. It's either that or do my normal reading of random article from different series. I think I'll try reading a full series this month before going to another.

Gratitude List For 11 ‘Izzat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that I two articles in the series How Do We Know God Exists?  . I read Part 1 "How Do We Know God Exists?" and Part 10 "God, Infinity an Black Holes".
         *BulletV* ...that I finished all 18 poems for the WDC 18th Birthday Poetry Challenge.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 955 points in my Survey Spot account.
         *BulletV* ...that my Bank of America Checking account is not overdrawn today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 3,349,158 GPs in my Gift Points account.

Facebook Status Update

Beautiful Tuesday
coffee and cool morning
pause for a prayer.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 61.
2  Quoted in "God, Infinity and Black Holes" by David Langness http://bahaiteachings.org/god-infinity-and-black-holes.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941626-Tuesday-Thoughts-and-Gratitude-List