*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941856-The-Allure-of-an-attractive-body
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#941856 added September 24, 2018 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
The Allure of an attractive body
You body is designed to make itself attractive. The reason for the attractiveness is procreation. An attractive body is a lure for the opposite sex.

Despite your body's good intentions it is easy to short circuit these motives and do things that promote a slovenly appearance. Overeating is at the top of the list, however, there are other life style choices that are almost as bad. Ingesting foods in quantities beyond the daily energy needs is one thing but eating foods and drink that are not healthy is another matter altogether. Then there are life style choices such as drugs, breathing toxic fumes, and flirting with unnecessary dangers. There are many ways to destroy our body that have nothing to do with bad eating habits.

Another is unnecessary exercise. Many think that if they exercise vigorously and push their bodies to the limits in various types of competitive alethic activities that they do no harm. After all. they reason, the human body was made to be pushed hard through strenuous exertion. Nobody will argue that and it certainly burns plenty of calories. In response I must point out that our ancestors did not live long lives and many of their activities did not promote longevity. So what are the pros and cons of exercise? On the one hand too much can hasten the joints to wear out, and overexertion can lead to a life changing event. On the other hand, vocation related exercise is something humans are designed to cope with and as long as the physical demands remain consistent and the body has time to adjust. At some point however, age begins to catch up and if the tempo of daily work continues unabated, damage is inevitable.

This brings us back to the body making itself attractive. I submit that if men and women better controlled their eating habits all the cosmetic and medicinal remedies would be shamed by comparison. A beautifully maintained body is worth a thousand cabinets of creams, diet aids and energy enhancing drugs.

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941856-The-Allure-of-an-attractive-body