*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942255-Monday-October-the-Twenty-Ninth---Marketing-and-Voice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2169075
This isn't just a novel. It's a novel for the October Prep Challenge too.
#942255 added October 29, 2018 at 5:04am
Restrictions: None
Monday, October the Twenty Ninth - Marketing and Voice

Oct. 29: - General: Market Definition and Narrative Voice Synopsis ▼

(1) Identify your story type from this list of story types or define it with your own nomenclature.
It’s very obvious that this is a Science Fiction story, but it’s a lot more than just that. It is also an Action/Adventure. More Adventure than Action, but there is a whole lot of Action too. This novel is also a Mystery and a Suspense/Thriller.
(2) Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile of your ideal reader (try using your character profile template!) Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why. Please read this blog post to understand the importance of marketing, and why targeting "mass appeal" or "all readers" isn't good enough: "Building Your Brand"
Anyone who likes any of the above types. Especially, those who like more than one of them or all of them. It also will appeal to females too because the main character in it is a female. That might be the reason it will appeal to males too, but it might only appeal to them when the movie comes out depending on who the actress is.
(3) Write a synopsis of your novel using the same narrative voice you will use to tell the story.
Wandita is a Problem Solver. If a problem comes up on any one of the sixteen planets in their Group of Planets, it’s up to her to solve it. She has just finished solving one them and is on her way back home to Unnion when she gets another possible problem. Something suddenly stopped just beyond their Group of Planets, and it needs to be checked out. At first, Wandita doesn’t want to do it. It doesn’t sound like her type of problem to solve. She changes her mind about that after she learns about what probably happened to The Victorious. Wandita was curious before that, but not it’s personal.


© Copyright 2018 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942255-Monday-October-the-Twenty-Ninth---Marketing-and-Voice