*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942510
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2170754
My project for 2018....Arlynn's Way
#942510 added October 8, 2018 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
October 2 - Plot Premise
Oct. 02: - Plot: Premise
Now that you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?
I have two main areas - The Big City (which in my mind is Toronto... but I may rename it or leave it...)
The other is Cottage Country (which in my mind is Bracebridge... but I may make up a name for this as it is a conglomerate of several northern Ontario cottage country towns)
The idea is the difference from the Big City to Cottage Country in terms of pace, connectedness, feel and so forth...)

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
Arlynn MacKenzie Douglas
Her love interest is Ryan Fraser.

(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
Small town girl living in the city - she does not belong, but is trying to fit in.
She is too trusting in the beginning ad that does not serve her well in the Big City
She doubts her talent and her abilities... in the beginning.

(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
Arlynn wants to belong. She also wants to find herself and her passion.... and ultimately find her true love.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
Her doubts and fears hold her back.... until she is forced to confront an unfaithful boyfriend and a supposed friend. She decides to go 'home' and lick her wounds... but in doing so she finds her place.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
In the Big City
--there is Lance, her boyfriend - soon to be ex. He manipulates her and cheats on her. He is cheap and way to frugal... he keeps her on a tight leash - but it is he that is unfaithful.
--There is Sheila, her supposed friend - who steals her boyfriend, her designs and her promotion.
--There is her boss, Mr. Reid - who is actually her champion once he realizes he needs to cme clean about why he has not promoted her - he sees her as so much more than this company and he has contacts that would love to use her freelancing services.

In Cottage Country
--There is Penny Carlson - who is also interested in Ryan - she is a nasty, manipulative bitch
--Maybe Ryan's ex, Darla, may come back and try to get him back ??


Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.
Example: "A young, mistreated orphan discovers he is a wizard and must face the evil villain Voldemort to fulfill his destiny."

A young, talented young woman is forced to make changes in her life when she realizes things are not as rosy as she thinks. Along with those changes comes a sense of belonging and a true calling.

This is what I wrote on the Nanowrimo site:
Having faced betrayal in the Big City, Arlynn strikes out to find what she lost and reestablish herself. Along the way she finds love and a community of friends that make her realize this was where she belonged all along.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942510