*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942593-I-belong-with-you
by Emily
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2166092
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#942593 added October 3, 2018 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
I belong with you


"I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart"


I've always liked this song, particularly for the repeated phrase (copied above). Having been in a couple rocky, chaotic relationships in my short dating past, I can say finding my sweetheart felt like coming home. I truly felt like my heart finally belonged somewhere and belonged with someone else more than any other person I had known in my life, excepting my parents and sister. But this feeling of belonging was different than the familial feeling of belonging. This other person cared about me for no other reason than because I was me.

To think that I met him just over four years ago is mind boggling. Our first date was to something called "Woofstock," which is like a block party for dogs and their people. We didn't even bring a dog *Laugh* but went anyway. He bought be a collar and treats to send home to my puppy back in Hawaii (picture here: "Buddy) and that's when I knew he must care more than the average guy, ha! Anyway, four years later and we're now living together and have a doggie of our own! A little Shih tzu, not the breed of dog I envisioned myself having, but we rescued her and she is the perfect first dog for us together. Absolutely loving and such a snuggle-bug. Neither of us thought we would like a small dog, but she easily wormed her way into our hearts.

The only thing that could make this situation better was one of those little metal circles that people wear on their fingers *Wink* I'd like one of those very much *Blush*

Hug your sweethearts! *Hug*

*Bigsmile* Emily


**Written for: "Note: 48-HOUR CHALLENGE : Media Prompt Deadl..."

© Copyright 2018 Emily (UN: hawaiifoeva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Emily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942593-I-belong-with-you