*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942632-Living-In-The-Crucible-October-4-Prompt
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#942632 added October 4, 2018 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Living In The Crucible October 4 Prompt
October 4 Blogging Challenge





October 4th


Prompt:





Write about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way.






What lessons have not been learned the hard way? LOL. I think almost everything in my life has come to me via adversity or difficulty or at minimum, discomfort. Much of what I've learned is too personal and I don't feel at leisure to discuss. So let's see what I can discuss.





What has come easily to me throughout my life are my love of reading and books, my love of education and learning (autodidactism as well as formal education), and my love of research and discovery (this is why I so love Mysteries).





The difficult and painful lessons have often been in the area of interpersonal relations (in general), the matter of independence vs. dependence, and that old bugaboo, patience. Also the question of whether I ought to surrender certain dreams and decide I'm a) too old, or b) unable for whatever reason, or c) it's just not going to happen in this lifetime.





Oddly, I've reached a Life Stage at which I am basically (as a whole) content, although I still have daily irritations, and expectations from others I would prefer not to have. But in the wide picture, I have reading, I am writing again, I try to keep a practice of thankfulness, which helps, and I am a much calmer individual than I was when younger.





Certainly life circumstances have molded me in the Crucible, and sometimes in the Furnace of Affliction.












Designed by me for NaNo 2009

© Copyright 2018 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942632-Living-In-The-Crucible-October-4-Prompt