*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942633
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2170754
My project for 2018....Arlynn's Way
#942633 added October 4, 2018 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
October 4 - General: Theme
Oct. 04: - General: Theme

(1) Theme. What is the theme (see below) or moral of the story?
From the list given I would say:
Need for change -- getting out of the City and away from unfaithful lovers and backstabbing friends.
Friendship - reconnecting with true friends who are both there for you and need your support
Love - this is in terms of friendship, but also in terms of a soul mate who is also a friend.
Those are the most highly valued in my story.
I could also add:
Belonging - finding the place that makes you whole.

(2) Resolution. Brainstorm ways you could resolve the conflict(s) within the confines of the theme. You are not required to identify a chosen resolution from your list of possibilities yet, so really think outside the box! Anything goes.
Changes generates additional change in that moving to Cottage Country and living a life that is almost completely opposite requires a learning curve. Good things and growth come out of the change. In this case, the change leads to all the other themes being met - friendship, love and belonging (close knit friendships and community).

NOTE: This list of universal themes might give you some ideas, but don't let it box you in. Feel free to add your own.
This list of themes is very cool.
https://go.sdsu.edu/education/projectcore/files/03252-6_Universal_Themes.pdf


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942633