*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943049-Dreams-Gratitude-List-and-Poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#943049 added October 9, 2018 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Dreams, Gratitude List, and Poems
Fiḍál (Grace), 13 Mashíyyat (Will) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Today I began the series Turning to Your Dreams for Spiritual Guidanhce   this six part series, by David Langness, was written and posted on BahaiTeachings.org   in 2015. I discovered this series when I was glancing through another article, and discovered the link to one of the articles in this series at the bottom of the other article. I clicked on the link, and found that it was a series. Since dreams have played an important part in my spiritual journey, I decided to read the series.


"The mind is circumscribed, the soul limitless. It is by the aid of such senses as those of sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch, that the mind comprehendeth, whereas the soul is free from all agencies. The soul as thou observest, whether it be in sleep or waking, is in motion and ever active. Possibly it may, whilst in a dream, unravel an intricate problem, incapable of solution in the waking state."
Abdu’l-Baha, 12

Today, my plan is to read one article a day for the next five or six days. I may change my mind if I have some extra time during the day. I could also skip a day if I encounter some type of time restraint. I know that tomorrow, October 10, I will be out of the house most of the morning. When I get back I'll either compose or transcribe (sometimes I compose blog entries in my pen and paper journal at night) the blog responses to the prompt from "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, "Blogging Circle of Friends , and "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise.

Gratitude for 13 Mashíyyat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletO* ...that the $10.00 from my PayPal account hit my checking account today.
         *BulletO* ...that I was able to start the responses to the prompts from "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise, and "Blogging Circle of Friends last night.
         *BulletO* ...that I finished Submission of the Manifestation of God to Trials, which is chapter 3 of The Sufferings of Baha'u'llah.
         *BulletO* ...that I had no difficulty charging my smartphone before I went to sleep last night.
         *BulletO* ...that I have 721 points in My Survey account.

Sand and Stars3

Singing Sand

Palm trees with their long beards hanging,
Nod to the breeze of morning,
Sand moving across the rising sun,
Intones the hymns of dawn.

Stars Shining

The hues of darkness,
Sparkle in the night,
Generating rays of joy,
That send atoms into flight.

Footnotes
1  Tablet to Auguste Forel, p. 8.
2  Quoted in "War, Nightmares, PTSD—and the Power of Dreaming" by David Langness http://bahaiteachings.org/war-nightmares-ptsd-and-the-power-of-dreaming, January 28, 2015.
3  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943049-Dreams-Gratitude-List-and-Poems