*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943085-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline-12242018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#943085 added December 26, 2018 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy Newsletter (Deadline: 12/24/2018
Editors Picks

1. A Priceless E.I.D.
2. What Alien?
3. Love on the Moon
4. collision Course
5. Lost Civilization Beneath Olympus Mons
6.
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

The Day After Christmas

Heading 2

Is the day after Christmas a workday, a rest day or clean up day?

Hook

What does Santa or Krampus do the day after Christmas?

About This Newsletter

The Day After Christmas

It's the day after Christmas and all through the house,
Every kitten is chasing a robot mouse.
The dog is curled up on a blanket of faux mink,
The Andriod maid is washing the dishes in the kitchen sink.
The children are nestled snug with their electronic toys,
Their parents are on Facebook posting this year's Christmas joys.

Letter From the Editor

What is Santa doing the day after Christmas? Is the jolly old elf and Mrs. Clause vacationing in Hawaii, Florida, or some other place warmer than the North Pole? For that matter, what are you doing the day after Christmas? Are you celebrating Boxing Day or some other after Christmas holiday? Are you trying to find a new recipe for the Christmas leftovers? Are you writing a post Christmas story? Are you looking for the Forest Elves, who carry letters to Santa at Christmas?

The day after Christmas, in my experience, is clean up day. It it is the day to carry all the festive wrapping paper and boxes to the trash. The day to pack up the old, usable items to give away, so that you have room in the closet for the new items you received at Christmas. The day that you decide which leftovers to use immediately and which ones to put in the freezer for later in the month or next year. Over the years, I have discovered that this most post holiday activities, with certain exceptions, follow this pattern.

What does Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves do the day after Christmas? What does Krampus or Gryla, the Icelandic Christmas witch, do the day after Christmas? Do you have a special post holiday tradition that you follow this time of year? Does your country or culture have a Krampus, Gryla, or Santa character you would like to share? If so, write a short story (2,000 words or less), a flash fiction (500 words or less), or a poem (100 lines or less) and submit it to this newsletter. The content rating should be 18+ or less. Dead line is January 18, 2019.

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
A Priceless E.I.D.  (E)
Helping an "illegal" access an immigration portal - "24 Syllables" - 11/19/18 - "egress"
#2175054 by 🎼 RRodgersWrites 🎶

Excerpt: "Take this

 What Alien?  (13+)
Ever wondered what it would be like to party with an alien? Yes, an alien from space!
#2175660 by PastorJuan

Excerpt: Manny pushed himself up from the floor, onto a sitting position, and winced as pain shot to every part of his body.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2176941 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “You know that they are just going along with all of this because they believe that they can somehow get some of the Lydean technology, right?” said Noémi.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2176916 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “Who gave you the authority to change our coordinates?”

 
STATIC
Lost Civilization Beneath Olympus Mons  (13+)
Short Story for Blast Off! November 2018
#2174890 by Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer

Excerpt: Mars Exploration Team #7's Leader, Sue, stood against the stone barrier underneath a natural archway. Appearing to be a large natural boulder shoved into place, inexplicably light shone along the top where the boulder edge did not quite meet the archway.


Feedback {nl:}

Christopher Roy Denton writes: Regarding: "Little Jimmy Griffin Thank you for plugging my story in your informative newsletter about the Fantasy and Science Fiction Society



© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943085-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline-12242018