*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943641-Books-Books-and-More-Books
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#943641 added October 17, 2018 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
Books Books and More Books
Share a list of your top 5 favorite books and give us a short blurb on each.

Red Dragon Are You Serious?



I think this is the funniest thing you have ever asked me to do. I read over 55 books so far just this year.

1. Heidi : published in 1881, written by Johanna Spyri. The story was taken from real life experiences of Heidi Schiller who grew up in the Swiss Alps. "I dream every night that I'm back with grandfather and I can hear the wind whistling through the fir trees"
As a child this was the only book other than funny books that I owned. I read it so many times I can still remember parts of it by heart. Each scene in the story is embedded in my memory.

2. The series, The Chronicles of Narnia-by C.S.Lewis. Everyone should read this whole series. As allegorical fantasy, you cannot beat this series.

Speaking of the Lion--
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4790821-the-lion-the-witch-and-the-wardrob...

3.Anything by Laurie R King. She writes a very adventurous series about Sherlock Holmes and his young wife, Mary Russell.
However, all of her stories are adventurous. Folly is another story that keeps a reader up nights. Totally different from the Holmes series it is set on an Island on the west coast of USA. Her stories are meant to express the independent side of the female. Besides being fun to read her works show a reality side of life even though based inside a fictitious story.

4. Walden on Wheels by Ken IIgunas. This is nonfiction account of a man who wanted to unburden himself within a society that to often tries to force everyone into a sameness. It's a story about adventuresome spirits that still find a way to be themselves. Bumper Sticker, "Remember Who You Wanted To B" The young man in the story wanted to go to college yet become debt free. The story was published in 2013.

5. Nevada Barr series about Anna Pigeon. I love the Anna Pigeon character. She is bold, has her own thoughts, makes her own choices, and best of all is still feminine. Anna is a great character, with talents galore.Quote from; Track of The Cat: "Diets struck Anna as one of the sourest notes of a spoiled country."

I read most of the stories that Barr writes at one time or another. Mystery and entertainment all the way.

This is in no way the only stories I love.

Try: Blood On The Tracks by Barbara Nickless about Sydney Rose Parnell- Once again this is being developed as a series with three books published. It is about a former female marine who comes home with a military dog and takes a job as a railroad policewoman.

And, Look for authors from other countries. A police detective series, based in Canada is great.

How about, the Black Stallion series and the Red Stallion. Nope, I'm done. My brain is bouncing with stories.

Islands and Dragons and Heroes and more.

*HappyCry*













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943641-Books-Books-and-More-Books