*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943988-Day-18---Plot-Outline-Revision-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2170722
This book is for all assignments for NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge 2018.
#943988 added October 22, 2018 at 5:06pm
Restrictions: None
Day 18 - Plot: Outline Revision #2
Stasis
         Sebastian is called to Emperor John’s lounge and is given the chance to lead the negotiations with Wesnorh. He is excited because this will give him an opportunity to prove his worthiness to the nobility of Esout.
         Sebastian confides his excitement to Empress Zoey’s lady in waiting, Esther. Esther is proud of Sebastian, but advises him to be civil when speaking to Augustine Duddllyr of the Wesnorh military.

Trigger
         March 20th, 1811 - The negotiations prove difficult, and the arrival of a rebel spy spirals everything into chaos. Janette is revealed to be the leader of the Esnorh rebel spy ring.
         After the negotiations ended, Sebastian spends the next few days moping around the palace due to his fiance’s deception.
         April 12th, 1811 - John dies due to his illness and Sebastian is launched into the political spotlight. He declares that Janette should be executed by firing squad.
         April 16th, 1811 - Unfortunately Janette escapes with the help of her allies, placing more social pressure on Sebastian. Unbeknownst to him, Janette was struck by a bullet and died soon after her escape.

The Quest
         April 17th 1811 - Sebastian joins the the Esout military to establish his role as a leader. Hollen Bleu is selected to be his teacher and confidant.
         Sebastian’s lack of experience on the battlefield allows other military officials to manipulate the course of battles despite his objections.
         September 1812 - Sebastian attempts to invade Norland only to find its capital in ruins. The locals had evacuated days before their arrival and set up obstacles that would hinder their strength. The only people remaining in the capital were the bodies of plague victims. Many Esout soldiers were infected and the Esout army was forced to retreat. They are completely expelled from Norland in December that same year.
         When Sebastian announces his plans to negotiate a way out of a potentially futile battle, an official challenges him to a duel. The duel results in Sebastian wounding the officer and angering the affiliated allies.

Surprise
         April 11, 1814 - Sebastian is taken off the military due to the incident. He returns home to Esout and spends time with his family.
         Suzanna talks to Sebastian regarding his ambitions. She criticizes him for valuing his social standing over familial duties.

Critical Choice
         February 20th, 1815 - Pressure from nobility drives Sebastian back to the battlefield, but the visit with his family has changed his view on the war.

Climax
         June 17th, 1815 - Before Sebastian could lead a crucial battle, Oscar is accused of treason and challenged to a duel. Sebastian knew Oscar was insecure with a firearm, so he ran off to stop the duel. He arrived too late and Oscar died of his wound soon after.

Reversal
         Sebastian announces a cease fire so he and the remaining royal family go to Eriscor to recover from Oscar’s death. Sebastian comes to an epiphany about what the war has cost him and others. He, Hollen, and Esther later eavesdrop on Suzanna and Cooper. Hollen threatens to kill Cooper, but Sebastian convinces him to let Cooper go.

Resolution
         October 16th, 1815 - Sebastian and his family return to Esout and sign a peace treaty with Wesnorh to end the war. He abdicates his role as Emperor in favor of a peaceful life in Wesnorh. Suzanna succeeds the throne, reduces the Esout Empire to a simple monarchy, and worked with other southern nations to release their lands from Esout control

© Copyright 2018 Howler of the Moon (UN: wingedwolf97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Howler of the Moon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943988-Day-18---Plot-Outline-Revision-2