*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944071
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2170754
My project for 2018....Arlynn's Way
#944071 added October 23, 2018 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
October 22 - Setting:Definitions List
Oct. 22: - Setting: Definitions List â–¼
(1) Create a list of definitions (see below) in a format easy to edit and expand.


(2) Optional: Brainstorm and describe an object critical to the plot. Add to definitions list.
Arlynn must learn to survive 'off the grid' as much as possible. What can I include to make things work for her and still be plausible? Research needs doing.

I found this: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/sudbury/off-grid-home-cottage-ironside-la... Off-grid, waterfront home /cottage situated on 3 acres of treed land, just 25 minutes north of Capreol, in the City of Greater Sudbury. This open concept, two bedroom (possibility to build another in the basement ) , includes one 4-piece bath with laundry, 12x14 3- season sunroom, unfinished drywalled basement with part crawl space. Heated by propane and wood. Comes equipped with fridge, stove, washer, dryer, dishwasher, central vac, high efficiency wood stove, propane heater, solar system and diesel generator. Out buildings include 12x12 lakeside gazebo with wood-fired hot tub, 4-person sleep camp, 20x24 garage, generator shed, wood shed, snowmobile shed, garden sheds and outhouse. Approved septic system, water treatment system, potable water. Willing to work with agents.

Now this a bit more than I would expect, but promising.

And this one: Off-grid all season cottage with no monthly hydro bills - This solar system runs efficiently all year round - 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage - The main bathroom has rain head and jetted shower - Open concept kitchen (all lower cabinets have pullout drawers). - Large sliding patio door faces west overlooking river, with a 540 square foot deck. - Sunroom is bright with window view on 3 sides. - The lower level has a propane furnace and a New Mac wood stove. - Games room, as well as an office, small workshop space, large pantry and storage on lower level. - Propane appliances: furnace, fireplace, cook stove, fridge, tankless hot water heater, dryer, grill and BBQ. - Electric: dishwasher and washing machine. - High speed satellite Internet, VOIP phone service and satellite Bell or Shaw TV are available. - Large workshop and carport along with an original historic barn with all the storage you may require. - 365 feet of waterfront. - ATV and Snowmobile trails nearby. - Golf course and ski hills nearby. - Great area for hunting and fishing. - Canoeing and kayaking and tubing from your own private waterfront.

I like the idea of satellite internet as I want Arlynn to be able to work from home if need be. But I am thinking her aunt and uncle does not have it, but Ryan does.... and he's willing to give her access.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/muskoka/7-acre-island-and-cottage/1391461... Love the area this is in Muskoka!

In your definitions list, you'll flesh out details that you'll want to remember later for consistency. You won't have to dig through pages of scribbled notes to find whatever you decided about these definitions - they will all be compiled into a neat list / binder / database / note cards / whatever your favorite form of organization happens to be.

Example definitions for the Harry Potter series: --rules of magic --the Ministry of Magic --modes of transportation (apparition, Floo network, portkeys, flying, etc.) --the four Houses at Hogwarts --the sword of Gryffindor (note: this would also make a good plot background story)

Non-speculative examples requiring definition --a fictional student organization to which your protagonist belongs --the fictional company or division of the FBI for whom your protagonist works -the disease afflicting your protagonist, which is a real condition you need to research --the antique artifact your protagonist intends to heist NOTE: You can revise this list at any time, so this revision is not expected to be fully accurate or complete.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944071