*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944225-Day-20---CONTEST-ROUND-Setting-Description
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2170722
This book is for all assignments for NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge 2018.
#944225 added October 26, 2018 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
Day 20 - CONTEST ROUND: Setting Description
Sebastian and his troops arrive at the Norland capital, but they weren’t prepared for what awaited them. The ground previously coated in snow was now blackened with soot. The streets showed signs of deconstruction with scattered footprints lining the sidewalks. Sebastian and Hollen covered their noses with their handkerchiefs, as the stench of soot and rot was thick.

A scout approached Sebastian with horrifying news: Not only was the city burnt, but locals who had died of the plague were left to the open air. The disease would decimate the troops if no immediate action were taken. Sebastian announced the order to evacuate and they marched toward the nearest exit.

A holler cut through the silence. The odd moat the army had crossed earlier was set ablaze. Sebastian then realizes what has happened: This ‘simple’ invasion had been made into a trap. The troops would have to find another way out.
© Copyright 2018 Howler of the Moon (UN: wingedwolf97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Howler of the Moon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944225-Day-20---CONTEST-ROUND-Setting-Description