*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944501
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2170754
My project for 2018....Arlynn's Way
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#944501 added October 29, 2018 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
October 31 - Plot: Premise Revision
Oct. 31: - Plot: Premise Revision â–¼
Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?

The story starts in the big city where things start to unravel and we see how much she does not fit in or belong.
It moves to Cottage country where Arlynn has always felt a close connection - going back helps her remember where she truly belongs.

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
Arlynn Mackenzie Douglas

Ryan Fraser

(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
Arlynn is filled with doubts about her talent and her ability to make it on her own (freelancing) - some of this is exaserbated by her relationship with Lance.
She often does not feel like she deserves love and acceptance. She doe snot feel like she is enough.

Ryan is a little battle weary. His ex left him for the big city and he fears Arlynn may do the same. His fear of getting involved holds him back until he is able to see that taking a chance is worth the effort and may just convince her to really stay.

(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
Arlynn wants to she like she belongs - like she has a place. Belonging includes having a fulfilling carer, great friends and family connections and true love.

Ryan also wants this connectedness and belonging with a life partner that truly loves him.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
Internal conflict is fear for both Arlynn and Ryan.
Arlynn also has to deal with a woman (Penny Carlson) that likes Ryan and is jealous of her involvement with him. I may even have his ex-girlfriend come back to town (Darla)
Arlynn also has to break from her initial life in the city - betrayal from her boyfriend (Lance) and a co-worker (Sheila)
Arlynn also has to face Lance down when he comes up to 'save her from herself and the backwater that is cottage country'.
Ryan has to deal with Penny and Darla as they try to undermine his relationship with Arlynn.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
Lance is a manipulative, narcissist who wants Arlynn back - dispute his poor choices and infidelity. He expects her to crumble and come back to him without argument.
Sheila and Lance work together to steal Arlynn's graphic art designs to gain a promotion. They also have an affair.

(5) Resolution. How does it all turn out in the end?
Arlynn finds her passion (freelancing and writing and illustrating children's books) in a place that is where she belongs. As she gains confidence in her abilities she attracts Ryan further and also shows him that she is serious about staying in the area. His coming around reinforces her thoughts of staying.

(6) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story?
True love and belonging. Finding your place in the world where you can shine.

(7) Outline: Update your outline as needed.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944501