*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944730-Sense-of-flavor-or-Quality-of-something
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#944730 added November 2, 2018 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Sense of flavor or Quality of something?
While you all were busy digging and trolling through "Writing.Com 101" yesterday, I learned something new as well! *Magnify* Did you know that butterflies taste with their feet? *Butterfly2O* Do you think taste is an under-utilized sense in writing? Reflect on how taste can be better utilized in your writing to enhance a scene.


owl for signature use a sense of something in your mouth or a quality of something.


I doubt it is really under utilized. Because, any writing is better presented with the descriptions it has utilized.

Of Course, there is always the physical tasting of snacks as the writer or reader progresses through a story or article or poem, as it is being read or written.*TeaG* *Bread*.

Descriptions make the story. Descriptions place the scenes. The wrapper on the candy crinkled as I unwound it. One lick told me the solid red sweet was the flavor of cinnamon. Or, some people think that a girl with purple stripes in her hair, long dangling bangles on her ears, ripped blue jeans, and bare feet doesn't have any taste in outfits.

Taste is probably the sense that makes the world of writing spin. Description is the use of sensory writing.

If you can taste it you can describe it.

THE END


Merit Badge in Newsfeed
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on posting your  100 th   Newsfeed note or comment!

















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944730-Sense-of-flavor-or-Quality-of-something