*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944825-Interview-of-She-Hourglass
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#944825 added November 3, 2018 at 7:43pm
Restrictions: None
Interview of She (Hourglass)
Well. That was a roller-coaster ride.
Wasn't it! I never quite know how things will turn out. I'm glad Oriole did fine. Although I doubt he'll survive the next war.
War?
Humans are always trying to settle their spats with war. I don't approve but it's hard to stop them. Usually a small "natural" disaster will help. Unifies people. But, it creates problems elsewhere and as you know everything is truly connected.
That it is. So was Tanisha part of your plan?
No. Everyone has a Tanisha in their life if they pay attention. I knew Oriole was good at paying attention.
And Rebecca and Leslie?
Hmm. Everyone has people in their lives like them too.
So... Becky.
Well. I did help a little there. She didn't need much encouragement.
What about his family?
Typical animals. Not much to be said or done about them.
Animals?
Yes. Cats and dogs are better behaved.
How?
Dogs love their humans. They didn't need any encouragement to love Oriole. In fact, they saved him before I put my two ounces of salt in.
Cats?
Oh that's another story. They consider humans their servants but they listen very closely to me. They're my familiars some would say.
Who would sit on your throne if they could. *laughs*
If I let them...
What was it with that magic hourglass?
It was just an ordinary hourglass, nothing magical about it, but Oriole believed in it and that helped him get some sleep.
But...
I *wink* know a thing or two about time.
*blinks* In a blink.
Yes. that's how long humans live. Short-lived hyper creatures that they are. Make a mess of everything in no time at all.
You created them!
No. I just manage them. It's my world after-all.
Oriole did seem to learn from your lessons.
I'm a good teacher when my students pay attention. It helped that Oriole was listening our of desperation.
He was desperate when he slit his wrists.
Yeah, *pauses* I was almost too late. Had to improvise on that one.
How.
Trade secret. *grins* Can't show all my tricks you know. I may have to use them again!
Like parting the Red Sea.
Yep. One and done. Humans aren't overly bright but they do remember some things. Just wish they would learn from their mistakes.
Do they ever?
No. Each generation finds a new way to spell stupid.
Causing and then denying climate change, for example?
Don't get me started.
So Oriole did good.
Yes, very good. He'll be one of my Great Ones if they don't kill him off first.
How?
Oh... I'll never tell. *waves a kiss goodbye*

© Kåre Enga [175.283] (3.noviembre.2018)

441 words as of 11/3
95.115






© Copyright 2018 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944825-Interview-of-She-Hourglass