*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944985-Rainy-Day-Adventures
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944985 added November 5, 2018 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Rainy Day Adventures
Kevin was bored today. The rain just wouldn’t stop and as a Typical Cat he hated getting wet, he turned on the TV again, there was still not one good thing on at the moment so he went over to his Mom who was on the phone chatting with one of her friends.

“Mom, I’m bored.” He said

His Mom glared at him with her bright yellow eyes “I’m sure you can find something to do in your room!” She snapped his ear ears flattened. Kevin didn’t want to push any further so he went to his room while his Mom resumed chatting.

He sat in his room. He looked at his various toys and things he had played with a million times before...What could he do this time? He looked in one corner, there was his toy rocket ship standing on his dresser next to a poster of outer space, to the side of that was his fish tank (Cats were one of the few Humanimals on Mizzer who would ever have any kind of Pets, so long as they weren’t Cats themselves, and Cats feel calmer when looking at fish in a tank) and on the floor under his chair was his stuffed green dragon (A ‘Normal’ Dragon not a Humanimal, if a Dragon can ever be called normal) surrounded by toy soldiers.

Kevin sat and thought as he looked at these three different things...He closed his eyes and began to dream...He first began to think about the Spaceship...And an Adventure in Outer Space...He dreamed a Story where he was an Astronaut on a Strange Alien Planet...With strange Aliens that were like weird living tentacles that were had an eye ball at one end and a three sticky three- fingered hand at the other. To fly back to Planet Mizzer he had to find fuel in the form of fuel crystals to get the rocket ship moving, however even after he found enough fuel crystals more trouble came in the form of the ship’s circuit board missing a few parts, he had to find these missing parts and put them back in place, then he was finally able to leave for Planet Mizzer.

Next he focused on his fish tank. He closed his eyes and dreamed about meeting a Mermaid (That was half-fish/Half-Human Woman...He found the idea of a Cat-Mermaid to hard to believe) The Mermaid mentioned there was treasure somewhere in the sea, if she could find the missing pages of her book...So Kevin looked all around, solving puzzles and riddles as he did so to find the pages of the Mermaid’s book. When all the pages were found, he had to ask a series of sea creatures, first a Blue Crab, then a Green Eel, then a Hammerhead Shark, then a Red Fish then finally a Dolphin who revealed the treasure was in a sunken canon when the ancient weapon shot gold and jewels all over the sea!

Finally he focused on the Stuffed Dragon surrounded by Toy Soldiers...He closed his eyes...He remembered the one time he made a sand castle when his family went on Vacation to the Aquarius Mountains and the Adjacent Lake. (They of course didn’t swim of course but Cats love sunbathing and on the beach of the lake seemed less dangerous to them than the beach of an ocean) So Kevin dreamed about the Sandcastle he made that day...But it was as giant as any other castle (Or he was shrunk to be a
real teeny Kitten-Boy) and the toy solders explained to him their Princess had been kidnapped and locked in the castle’s dungeon. Once again Kevin had to solve riddles and puzzles to find all the keys needed to unlock the door to the dungeon. However, before he could get to the Princess’s room...An enormous Green Dragon stopped him and breathed fire at him! Kevin had to jump out of the way to avoid being burned to a crisp...The Princess shouted at him he would need to make a potion in the Wizard’s Room.

There in the Wizard’s Room, Kevin unwound the scroll with the potion recipe the things he would need for the potion were

1 Seashell
1 Heart Shaped Stone
1 Black and White Feather
1 Wooden Toy Dragon
and 1 Bone

Kevin went and found all these things and dropped them into the Dragon Cauldron, when he added the last ingredient the Cauldron's Dragon Mouth poured a steaming green potion into a green bottle. He took the bottle dropped it on the Dragon...And the Dragon shrank until it was the size of a Mouse and could barely shoot steam out its nostrils as the Dragon ran into a nearby mouse hole. Kevin unlatched the door to free the Princess (A Human Princess, the notion of a Cat, or any Humanimal being a Princess was too hard to believe) and as they rode to freedom. Kevin’s eyes opened hearing his folks calling him because supper was ready.
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944985-Rainy-Day-Adventures