*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944986-Beulahs-Story
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944986 added November 5, 2018 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Beulah's Story
Beulah was born the oldest of six grubs in the Scarab Household in the underground Insect Town of Dirtberg. For Insect Humanimals they spend most of their childhoods as mute, helpless grubs. Only when they hit puberty and metamorphosis into their adult forms do they gain the power of speech, which they speak fluently as they’ve been hearing it throughout their childhoods.

While now adults in the physical sense these Teenage Insects are still children in the mental sense. This would be the time they start attending school among other things.

One day during her adolescence, Beulah approached her Folks and asked “How come we have to live underground while all the other Humanimals live on the surface?”

Her Folks looked at each other, they knew this day would come, for they had both asked this very same question when they were Beulah’s age.

“It was decided long ago...” Said her Dad “...That we Insects were too ugly to be seen by the light of day...”
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944986-Beulahs-Story