*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944988-Its-Showtime
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944988 added November 5, 2018 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
It's Showtime
The PSA was supposed to be about anemics and how dangerous the ordinary household is for them.

With Kevin playing the role of the anemic child, having never been in an acting role before, Kevin was subjected to one hour of being groomed so his black fur would be perfectly sleek and glossy for the camera.

Kevin looked over and saw Emerald, eating a chocolate-coated vanilla ice cream bar.

“Want some?” She asked

“I can’t taste sweetness.” Kevin said “And chocolate is poisonous to Cats.”

Emerald’s eyes widened “Ooh.” She said “I didn’t know that.” She polished off the rest of ice cream bar in one bite

“Nothing poisons us Dragons! To breathe fire either need to eat rocks likes limestone or metals like platinum.”

“Kevin.” Said the Human Lady who did most of the grooming “It’s almost showtime.”

Kevin quickly followed her to where the scenes would take place, which was mostly the kitchen and the adjacent living room. His job was to walk around slowly in these rooms and look terrified as there would be intersecting shots of everything remotely sharp. Knives, needles, sharp table edges.

Soon it was over before Kevin knew it.

The crew compensated Kevin’s family for the trouble, as the crew was leaving the front yard, Emerald ran over to him.

“I’ve had a lot of fun meeting you.” Emerald said “Could we meet again sometime? My Dad says it’s OK.”

Kevin looked at his Mom and Dad as they received their fee

“Maybe we should meet somewhere else.” Kevin said “Like the park.”

Meanwhile in Dirtberg, Beulah was having an early supper with her family, it was organic cow manure, the same thing they had yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that.

As Beulah quietly ate, she thought about what it would be like if she had been born a vertebrate, any kind of vertebrate, from Mammal to Fish. That way she could see the sky.

See the thing with Dung Beetles is that they navigate by the sun, the stars and even the Milky Way to find their way across the African Plains, having never seen the sky in her entire life Beulah felt...A drift...Apathetic…
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944988-Its-Showtime