*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944990-Summer-Nights
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944990 added November 5, 2018 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Nights
The Meteor Shower was one of the best moments of Beulah’s life. Finally being able to see the sky for the first time finally gave her a feeling of contentment, and a feeling of a sense of where she was in the Galaxy. (It was those Dung Beetle instincts, needing to see the sky to orient herself)

Finally the Meteor Shower ended sometime at like 3 AM.

Weary but content, Beulah and her family crept back down underground, As Beulah crept into her bed and as her head hit the pillow she had already began to dream...She dreamed she was a Cat, a Creature able to live on the surface all the time...It was an extremely pleasant dream.

At the same time, the Meteor Shower that brought such pleasure to the Humanimals however an old Human Fortune Teller Woman, however watched the sky with a sense of horror! Her eyes blazed as she saw visions of horrors yet to come!

The Fortune Teller went over to the nearest observatory she could find, and she came in screaming about an invasion of Mizzer that could take place next year!

The Lead Astronomer placed his hands up as he tried to calm the Old Woman down “No one is gonna invade us.” He said “We have a...Thing...With all the other Human Inhabited Planets. We stay where we are and don’t mess with them, and they won’t mess with us.”

The next day as the Sun rose over the Western side of Planet Mizzer. Kevin woke up, got dressed and quickly headed out to the park where he would meet Emerald.

When he finally met Emerald, the two decided to play catch first. Even though the six year old Dragon was larger and burlier than a six year old Kitten. She still didn’t have the same amount of hand-eye coordination as an older cub. So Kevin stood close to her so they could play an easy game of catch.

Afterward to two walked together. As this was the Park of the Cat District there were only Domestic Cats milling about in the park, but when they saw a Green Fire Dragon Cub walking together with a Black Kitten. The other Cats would stop and stare, but they didn’t say anything or do anything.

“There is a Carnival coming tomorrow night.” Emerald said “You want to come?”

Kevin sighed “Tomorrow we’re having supper at our favorite restaurant.”

“I see.” Emerald said with a sigh.

The two sat down on the grass.

“Why did you want to be my friend?” Kevin asked
Emerald shrugged “I never had a Cat for a friend.” She said

“Wouldn’t you rather have Dragon friends?” Kevin asked

Emerald then flinched. “Actually, I don’t have any Dragon friends.”

“Why?” Kevin asked

“I don’t know why.” Emerald said “Mom says, everyone in the Neighborhood thinks we’re strange.”

Kevin realized Emerald was lonely and that Emerald was seeking friends with another species in hopes he wouldn’t find her strange for whatever strange reason the other Dragons found Emerald and her family strange.
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944990-Summer-Nights