*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944991-Episode-4-Pride-and-Predators
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944991 added November 5, 2018 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 4: Pride and Predators
So Emerald went to the Carnival the next night with only her Dad, while Kevin and his family went to their favorite restaurant where Kevin got his favorite dish, seared tuna encrusted with sesame seeds.

However as he ate he couldn’t help thinking all the while about Emerald, and what she might be doing at this very moment.

When they got home, Kevin asked it he could watch a video in his room, as it was both Summer Vacation and a Saturday Night, his Folks were fine with it as long as it wasn’t too loud.

Kevin had a small TV with built in VHS in his room (Yes, on Planet Mizzer everyone still has VHS Tapes) Kevin looked through his Magnificent Rainbow Warrior tapes (Which were actually only a few compared to the Disney Movies, Don Bluth Movies, and other Artifacts from the past of Old Earth he had) He finally found what he was looking for. The video of Episode 4. ‘Pride and Predators’ very early in the series the topic of different species of Humanimal interacting with each other was addressed after the three episode pilot which established how the Rainbow Warriors got chosen to fight evil, established the main villains, and gave each of the Seven Warriors a chance to show off what they were best at.

Kevin placed the tape in his VCR and pressed the Play Button.

After the awesome theme song, the episode started with the Rainbow Warriors Spaceship (Which can transform into a giant fighting Humanoid Android when battling giant monsters) Traveling through the depths of space. The Warriors are having breakfast together (Presumably for the first time)

The Seven Warriors are The Leader Knuckles and male White Tailed Jackrabbit with Psychic Powers, the Lancer, Wyatt a male Jamaican Fruit Bat who also had Psychic Powers. The Mechanic Earl, a male Dwarf Hamster, the Spaceship Pilot, Hank a male Black Rhinoceros, The Computer Hacker, Chloe a female Eurasian Lynx, the Stealth Expert, Nimble a female Fancy Rat and the Acrobatic Warrior and the Team’s Best Fighter. Olive a female Black and White Domestic Cat.

Two of those team members were flat-out carnivores and one was an omnivore who often ate meat. (Also all three of them were the Girls of the team, but the gender dynamics were never an issue in the show) So when the first time the team had breakfast together on the ship and the two Felines start frying sausage and eggs together, all the herbivores react with disgust at the smell of burning meat.

“Oh! Geez!” Earl said as he covered his twitching pink nose “My appetite just flew out the airlock!”

“Geez Girls!” Knuckles said as he covered his own twitching Lapine Nose “Couldn’t you find something less gross to eat?”

The two Feline Girls and the Rat-Girl glared at their captain.

“Maybe you can survive eating carrots and lettuce.” Olive said, her ears flat against her head “But we kind of need to eat this stuff to live!”

“Yeah.” Nimble said nodding her head.

“Well, not you Nimble.” Olive said “You’re an Omnivore, you don’t have to eat meat...You’re kind of like a double agent of the food chain.”

Now it was Nimble’s turn to be indignant “Oh, a double agent am I? Didn’t I see you two eating burgers with vegetables on them?”

The Feline Girls huffed muttering something about ‘Humanimal stomachs are more advanced than normal animals’

Hank, the Rhino of simple mind but much heart stood up and said “Hey! Hey! There’s no need to fight! How about the Girls just eat their meat where we don’t have to smell it?”

“Why should we be the ones who have to eat somewhere else?!” Olive yowled

“Because your diet gives us the heebie-jeebies!” Wyatt finally exclaimed

Thus erupted the Great Kitchen Brawl...Resulting in the Team being divided, Olive and Chloe being Team Carnivore, Knuckles, Wyatt, Earl and Hank being Team Herbivore and Nimble as the Omnivore on her own…
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944991-Episode-4-Pride-and-Predators