*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944993-The-Night-Everything-Changed
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#944993 added November 6, 2018 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
The Night Everything Changed
So Kevin continued to be friends with Emerald, they couldn’t spend every day together of course, but they made it a point to at least spend one part of every Saturday together. The next year, one hot Summer night, the two of them sat in the park, sitting on the grass and watching the fireflies (Normal Fireflies, not Humanimals of course)

“They’re so pretty!” Emerald said as she watched the Fireflies dance above their heads.

Kevin didn’t say anything exactly, but he did purr as he loved the beauty of Summer Nights.

Just then something even more miraculous seemed to happen! Not just one, but several shooting stars dashed across the night sky, several of the other Cat Humanimals milling about the park that night mewed with delight as they saw the shooting stars, doubtless many made impromptu wishes...Then, they heard the blare of the sirens, ears folded back, tails floofed up, then over and behind the Mountains that shaded Dahlia and all the other towns and cities of the Western Valley...Came a red and orange blaze...This was not a drill...Mizzer was being invaded. Something no one ever thought would happen.

When the Neo-Hippies long ago declared they would live with their Humanimals as equals, the Other Humans said they could do it on their own planet as long as they didn’t try to influence any of the Slave-Holding Planets, the Slave-Holding Planets wouldn’t mess with them.

The Neo-Hippies never communicated the Humanimals, they simply said they came to the Pristine Planet of Mizzer to give to them, to do as they will. They never spoke of any other Planet except for Old Earth as the Mother Planet from which they all came, but never spoke a word about why they left Earth, no Mizzer Humanimal had any inkling that any Humanimals were slaves (Except possibly of their own crippling sense of inadequacy)

But no the Wranglers in their intensifying malice of the Humanimals they were so dependent on, became ever more harsh and brutal on their own Humanimals, after having gone through countless thousands like tissue paper...They realized they were running out of ordinary Animals to create Humanimals out of, they couldn’t breed their current Humanimals fast enough...Thus they had turned to stealing, both Humanimals and Ordinary Animals from other Planets...They no longer cared anything for previous promises...The strong do what they can, the weak suffer what they must.

None of the Humanimals had any idea what was happening...As soon as all the Cat-People began running, Kevin immediately grabbed Emerald’s hand before they got trampled by stampeding Cat-People, they climbed one of the Park’s Trees.

Meanwhile, in Midwestern Dirtberg, where was Beulah at the moment? She had been at the Dirtberg Athletic Center playing Basketball with her Team, The Dirtberg Dirtballs VS the Granite City Rocks.

Beulah was in the midst of an intense game with her team, when the siren’s blare shattered all the Insect Girls’ concentration...At that point the game didn’t matter anymore...They all new they had to travel up to the surface in an emergency evacuation!

Back in Dahlia as Kevin and Emerald watched the Cat-People running underneath their tree branch, hearing the sounds of Kittens crying as they were pulled along. Emerald asked “W-What’s happening K-Kevin?”

“We’re being invaded by Aliens!” Kevin said

“A-A-Aliens!” Emerald stammered if their was one thing she found scary, it was the green skinned bug eyed monsters from Outer Space that were often the Invaders in science fiction movies. Her Folks would always assure her ‘That’s only in the movies! You’re perfectly safe! The Humans will take care of everything!’ Were the Humans doing anything now?

That was when they saw the Invaders. Terrifying, skull-faces creatures holding massive Guns...They shot those guns, a tranquilizer dart would hit an unfortunate Cat-Person. They would pick up that Cat-Person and toss them in a cage on a hovercraft.

That was when Kevin and Emerald decided to jump down from the tree,

Unfortunately that was exactly what brought the Wranglers’ attention to them.

Both Kevin and Emerald felt an immediate choking sensation as two lassos wound round their necks.

(Soft lassos mind you, for catching Humanimal Children, the Wranglers wanted workable slaves not dead meat)

Instead of being placed in the Cage with all the Tranquilized Humanimals they stuffed the two Cubs in a burlap sack which one large, brawny Wrangler threw over his shoulder as the Wranglers continued their pillage of the planet.
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944993-The-Night-Everything-Changed