*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945548-Love-Me-A-Dog-Love-Me-a-Cat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#945548 added November 14, 2018 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Love Me A Dog, Love Me a Cat
PROMPT November 14th





It's time for another prompt from the War Chest! Take a stab at this one:





Share your first experience with love. No ... not like that.





Reaching way back into childhood:





I never had a pet until I was 21.5 and married. But as a child, a neighbor girl who lived down the street from me, at the corner, had a beautiful little brown-and-white puppy. At the time of course I didn't know its breed, but thinking back I'm going to guess Border Collie (a friend I made at eighteen had a Border Collie too), a friendly and enthusiastic, just lovable breed. I was so enamoured of that puppy. Unfortunately, that family didn't stay long; they moved out and a large family moved in. They didn't stay long either. Eventually the three houses in a row on that street (the main highway through town, which became part of the famous Lincoln Highway past the city limits) were razed and a convenience store and car wash replaced the residences. All these many decades and an entirely new century later, I STILL with fondness remember that delightful little puppy, the cats who owned the neighbors on the other side, and I remain a dog & cat person. After all this time.



© Copyright 2018 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945548-Love-Me-A-Dog-Love-Me-a-Cat