*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945822-New-Meat
by Twiga
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2173899
On a Planet where Humans and Humanimals live peacefully things are about to change
#945822 added November 18, 2018 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
New Meat
Finally the Fleet arrived at Planet Viola Strierra but before landing on the planet itself, each ship in the fleet had to stop at the Planet’s Moon for one last check for any pathogens or parasites that could potentially start a fatal plague!

While the very smallest children were sent to be with their Mothers in the Quarantine Quarters, Kevin and Emerald being older children (And Beulah as well, but the Humans didn’t even register her as a ‘Child’) Were simply sent back into the Ship’s crowd of Humanimals, however because all the Humanimals were so mixed up neither Kevin nor Emerald could find their families, so they sat in the jumbled mix of species, at least they still had each other. Beulah was sitting in between two Members of her basketball team.

The ship Kevin and Emerald were on being the one bringing slaves for Viola Strierra’s Capital City was the first to dock as the Humanimals were marched out by Wranglers with bayonets, once again the Cubs were separated from the Adults, Kevin and Emerald stuck close together as some new Inspectors looked them over for anything nasty and infectious.

“Everything seems to be fine.” Said one Inspector, first we give them all a wash to ensure they’re absolutely squeaky clean, then it’s time for branding.”

Neither Kevin nor Emerald had watched any Westerns, and when they heard ‘Branding’ they mostly thought about Brand Name Things...Brands of clothes...Brands of snack foods, that kind of thing.

They soon found themselves, along with all the other Cubs, strapped in by the ankles to a conveyor belt they heard some other Cubs say “This is a washing?!”

Indeed it was...Like a CAR WASH! First they found themselves being scrubbed by two tunnel brushes and then getting lathered up with soap from head to toe...It was a good thing their hands were free so they could cover their eyes as they were being covered with soap, next all the soap was rinsed off with a torrent of hot water… If Kevin hadn’t been so scared he would have absolutely hated it!

Then they were they were steamed by some perfumed mist, causing any fur or feathers to become all frizzy!

Finally they were dried off by mechanical arms holding towels.

After all that the Cubs were unshackled and taken to a new room that was very hot. Kevin and Emerald found themselves tied to chairs and ropes were pulling on their right legs so their soles were exposed.

They saw to their horror what was about to happen...Men with hot branding irons came toward themselves

“No!” Screamed Kevin “Don’t please!”

“But the Wrangler simply branded the sole of Kevin’s right foot causing the Kitten-Boy to yowl in pain! Another Wrangler did the same thing with Emerald causing her the scream with pain as well.

And so the Wranglers continued Branding down the line causing more screams and cries of pain as they did so.

With no Wrangler holding the rope that was pulling his foot forward Kevin managed to lift his foot so he could look at his sole.

Branded on his sole’s paw pad was this C-522...He would soon learn that the ‘C’ was for ‘Cat’ and the 522 meant he was the 522nd Cat to be Branded at that Moon Station.
© Copyright 2018 Twiga (UN: twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Twiga has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945822-New-Meat