*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946186-Im-Reading-and-Mom-and-Pop-Businesses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#946186 added November 24, 2018 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Reading and Mom and Pop Businesses
Jalál (Glory), 2 Qawl (Speech) 175 B.E. - Saturday, November 24, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2197
Have you read any good books or articles lately? While reading the book/article did you discover something you didn't know before? If possible, include a link to the item.

I'm Reading

As everyone may, all ready, know I'm reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, which is composed of five novels and a short story. The novels are (1) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (2) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, (3) Life the Universe and Everything, (4) So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, and (5) Mostly Harmless; and the short story is Young Zaphod Plays It Safe. I begin reading "Life, the Universe and Everything" last night. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide can be found on https://www.amazon.com/.


Since The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide is so large, I can't carry it with me when I leave the house. I have a smaller book I take with me when I leave the house, because I have to wait for the Paratransit bus to pick me up from wherever I am. The book I take with me is Preparing for Christ's New Name by Alex Gottdank. Preparing for Christ's New Name can be found at http://www.naturegraph.com/general/bahai/bahai.html, which is the Naturegraph catalog of Baha'i related books. The Naturegraph homepage is http://www.naturegraph.com/.

What have I discovered from my reading? The Ultimate Hithhiker's Guide, and its a good book to read before going to sleep because its humor brightens my mood. Preparing for Christ's New Name has given me insight into the prophecies in both the Old and the New Testament of the Holy Bible.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1804
What kind of Mom and Pop stores or restaurants still exist where you live? Do you frequent them as often or do you prefer the larger chains?

Mom and Pop Businesses

There are a couple of Mom and Pop businesses in my area of Las Vegas. One of them is an Oriental Restaurant and the other is ad care repair and tire shop. When it comes to restaurants, I have no preferences because I've found that most chain restaurants have the same quality food as the Mom and Pop restaurants. When it comes to car repair and tires, I found--when I had a car--that the Mom and Pop repair places do a better job, and they are normally just as expensive as the bigger places. I did find that the smaller repair shops are more inclined to work with Senior citizens when it comes to the cost of repairs.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946186-Im-Reading-and-Mom-and-Pop-Businesses