*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946529
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#946529 added November 29, 2018 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
You Have Delighted Us Long Enough, Jane Austen Quote
Prompt: "You have delighted us long enough." This is what Mrs. Bennet said about her daughter Mary when she was singing off key and playing the piano. Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen When have you been delighted long enough by people?

At my job when the mentally ill people I took car of had pushed all my buttons. They weren't easy to take care of. Telemarketers. STOP CALLING!! I have caller ID and I don't know the phone number, I am not answering. My father would be crabby and say the things over and over. He had delighted me long enough. Ex-boyfriends being idiots. People hogging the items when shopping. When I know people are lying. I have been delighted long enough. Animal abuse. I am not delighted and I would like to abuse people the way they do animals and see how delighted they are. Enough is enough.

I love Pride and Prejudice. Mrs. Bennet had delighted everyone long enough. So had Mr. Collins and Lady Catherine. I know people like them. How am I delighted? Going to Bible Study, reading, writing, shopping, scrapbooking when I get a chance. Watching movies. Decorating and enjoying Christmas. I can get delighted long enough. I bet Jane Austen was delighted long enough by her mother and people around her. She probably added them to her stories to make her feel better. I do love her quote: "You have delighted us long enough."

A picture I drew of Elizabeth Bennet from "Pride and Prejudice"
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946529